PDA

View Full Version : Viewing avatars

mjm
03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Is there a way to make the avatars bigger temporarily so you can see the details?

My eyes are getting older, yes, but I'd like to see the detail in some of the avatars that are photographs.

John
03-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Easiest way is to temporarily change the resolution of your monitor to something like 800x600 or 1024x768 - especially if you have a modern monitor that run at much higher resoltions. You'll want to make note of what it's set at and change back when you are done.

mjm
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Easiest way is to temporarily change the resolution of your monitor to something like 800x600 or 1024x768 - especially if you have a modern monitor that run at much higher resoltions. You'll want to make note of what it's set at and change back when you are done.

Thanks, John.

I normally run at 1024x1280. The other resolutions make everything "fuzzy". But even so, I was hoping for something bigger. I know I can't copy and paste into my favorite graphics editor. So, I guess I'll just have to be happy with what I can still see.

NotaGeek
03-20-2009, 12:04 AM
You can use CONTROL + to zoom larger, when you have seen all you need to see CONTROL 0 (zero) to return your screen to normal size.

I LOVE this short cut and use it all the time! :mickey:

mjm
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
You can use CONTROL + to zoom larger, when you have seen all you need to see CONTROL 0 (zero) to return your screen to normal size.

I LOVE this short cut and use it all the time! :mickey:

Thanks NotaGeek, but I use a Mac. It's easy to change screen resolution. The main thing is I can't get the images big enough for my taste. Also, as I wrote above, the images get fuzzy at the lower resolutions on my LCD.

And I did discover that I can copy and paste the images into graphic programs, but increasing the size of the pictures only makes them pixelated; i.e. blocky.

After experimenting, 640x512 seems to be best. But, it's still not as large as I would like.

Oh, well.