PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM
What's the deal with this place? Why is everyone so in love with it? My family went one year for lunch and no one liked it.... can someone explain their love/hate for this restaurant? Maybe we missed something? :confused:

Seasonscraps
03-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I think it's a nice restaurant for a TS in a park but I wasn't impressed either.

My steak was grossly undercooked. I will never understand how a steak restaurant can not cook a steak to order. I always order it medium well because I know steaks usually come out cooked a little less then what you order which I am fine with. I am not fine with blood red meat. The waiter was not really pleasant about it - no apologies or anything.

I know it's just one meal and it could have been an off day, but there are too many other places where I know I will get a great meal.

lockedoutlogic
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
It's good....but completely exaggerated by rank and file disney addicts.....

Again....it's good....but shouldn't really be held in that much regard...

it's steak and potatoes....for the most part....good, but is it worth traveling thousands of miles and spending vacation time on?

no more than alot of the other restaurants

jcmgwdw
03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
I think the Pretzel bread is what sets it apart.. haha.

I don't know why people seem to like it more than other places. We try to go there every other trip or so but it is because we have never been disappointed. The steak is always cooked the way we want it and the sides are always delicious.

-Ryan

Natazu
03-19-2009, 03:32 PM
For 1 TS credit on the dining plan, it's hard to beat. For the most part, the food and service are good. It's in the park so you don't have to rush around on your Epcot day(s) and you don't have to dress up. They are cranking out high end food for the masses and the usually do a pretty good job.

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Hmmm - I am wondering if maybe the menu's and such is different for lunch than dinner...I know my family was disappointed with their meals as well (don't remember what they had) but I had some sort of a prime rib sandwich that was overcooked and so tough and fatty that it was impossible to take a bite without half the meat coming out in one piece....not to mention no flavor....hmmm - just seems like their are all these fabulous TS restaurants in the world pavilion and all anyone talks about is Le Cellier....so confusing...

pamickeys
03-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I bet you that if they made this place a 2 TS credit place the popularity would drop in half. nothing special at all.

Natazu
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I bet you that if they made this place a 2 TS credit place the popularity would drop in half. nothing special at all.

It was pretty darn popular when it was 2TS too.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
We tried this for the second time for dinner last week.
??? I don't get it ??? My husband couldn't believe when I told him how difficult it was to get a ressie here. This is just good to us. Nothing outrageous at all. It feels like crazy hype the hoopla people make out of this place. We've done it twice, didn't wow us..so there's one more ADR open for all of you Le Cellier lovers!
Its good-very good. Not wowwy kazowie good. ;)

GoofyforFun
03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
For 1 TS credit on the dining plan, it's hard to beat. For the most part, the food and service are good. It's in the park so you don't have to rush around on your Epcot day(s) and you don't have to dress up. They are cranking out high end food for the masses and the usually do a pretty good job.

I'll second that... the atmosphers is good and the steak isn't bad either. Its sort of relaxing. :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I gotta admit, I didn't see the draw here either. Sorry to those who rave about it. :hide2: A little pricey IMHO and the food was OK. Not a must-do for us.

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
That's my thing - yes the atmosphere is pleasant and the display of the food is rather artsy depending on what is ordered...but I've had much better food elsewhere in Disney at places that rarely anyone talks about - and as for their steak - we have MUCH better steak houses in the cities....:chef: I just feel this is one of those fad places or there is something or things on the menu that I am overlooking that keep people raving about it and coming back...so if you are one of those people - let me know what it is you love...what makes you rave about it and keep coming back? I am not trying to be a pessimist or rude but I think I'm really looking for a reason to give it a second chance compared to dining at another TS....:soapbox:

FenwayGirl
03-20-2009, 12:46 PM
we have reservations there for the first time in May and they were not easy to get!:mad:

DisneyDoug2
03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
We ate there in January, the food is ok, but no better then your average chain. The best items there are the cheese soup and the chocolate moose desert. Not sure if it will be on our next trips agenda. The kids are at an age were they like to try new foods instead of just steak over and over again.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
To answer the question about the menu, the last time I checked it was different for lunch than dinner...we did enjoy our meal there and thought it was excellent for 1TS...the soup was very good and although I admit I've had better steaks at home, for Disney world I thought it was excellent....ours were cooked as we ordered too and we had an awesome server....as we've never eaten at Signature restaurants other than Cindy's Table, I can't compare.

Maryln8
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
My two youngsters (who have to eat off the adult menu with the dining plan) don't want to take adventures with their food, although my husband and I would. We compromise and eat at a decent restaurant that my children can understand whats on the menu.

Charlee
03-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I like it - its good food, nice atmosphere but I don't think its the amazing place that a lot of people rave about. For some reason, its become very popular in some online communities and so it has become the place to try.

I have made an ADR for lunch for our June trip and rang on our 90 day mark and had to take a 11.35 lunch as the other times we're booked. Go figure.

SBETigg
03-20-2009, 03:08 PM

I agree. Yes, I think it's overrated. It's really not all that special. But it's consistently good. You don't see many Le Cellier complaints. If you're going to be in that park and you want a good meal without too much fuss or fancy extras, you can count on Le Cellier... as long as you plan ahead and make those ADRs. ;) That said, I'm not in a hurry to go back. I prefer many other 1 TS credit restaurants to Le Cellier (so maybe it can be beat, but it's more consistent than most of my favorites).

j&j
03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
don;t know why--it is ok and will eat here if someone we are with wants to, to dark food ok.:mickey::mickey::mickey: