PDA

View Full Version : Epcot to Cape May and Back

Momto3littlemice
03-19-2009, 01:25 PM
I need some help planning one of our mornings for the upcoming trip, end of April.

The men are going on the Segway tour at 7:45 am, and the women and kids are going to meet them at breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We have never done either of these two, so I'm wondering how it will work. How long does it take to walk from World Showcase to Cape May Cafe? Will it be easy to find? We have never used the international gateway at all, so I am excited to see the boardwalk etc. Can we park at Epcot, walk through world showcase (before 11 am) to use the international gateway even for the women not doing the Segways?

Thanks!:mickey:

j&j
03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
nice walk about 10 minutes you will like.ithat time in the morning very nice not crowded and quite.

MOJoe
03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
You can get to Cape May at the Beach Club by exiting through the International Gateway at Epcot. As stated it is about a 10 minute walk. You could also take a boat to the Y&BC.
Just to be clear, if you decide to walk through Epcot, you of course must have park passes. And if you do not have park hoppers, then Epcot will be your choice of parks for the day.
The Boardwalk is a fun place, but evening is when it really comes alive.

Momto3littlemice
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Yep, we have park hoppers, so that won't be a problem. Just wondering about walking through before world showcase opens?:mickey:

Tinkermom
03-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Yep, we have park hoppers, so that won't be a problem. Just wondering about walking through before world showcase opens?:mickey:

I seem to remember the World Showcase being roped off before 11am but the ropes were just past the UK at the bridge so you should be able to get to the International Gateway.

Jeff
03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
The above is correct. You can walk through the Canada and UK part of the World Showcase to get to and from the International Gateway.

We often stay at a Boardwalk resort and love the walk into and out of Epcot through the Gateway.

Momto3littlemice
03-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to a nice morning already! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
03-20-2009, 12:08 PM
While walking thru the UK and Canada, it's a great time to get some pictures with no body else in them. It's neat, but a little odd too because it's completely empty.

The walk may take closer to 15 minutes, but it's a nice walk.

DANAM
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
We did this a couple of years ago and I believe it was roped off but we told the cast member and they let us right threw. It was about a 10 min walk and 10 min ride if you had to wait for a boat. I will say this I have always had to wait for a table at Cape May so don't go early thinking your going to get right in.

Imagineer1981
03-20-2009, 04:14 PM
You should perfectly fine. As everyone else has said, the ropes are after the International gateway, so no big deal

Red Randal
03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
I once made it from the Mexico pavilion to my room at the Beach Club, showered, got dressed, and made it to Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner in 19 minutes.

Doesn't apply to this question but, ya know, any excuse to brag about that.

thejens
03-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Wow, Red Randal, you must have really had some spring in your step!
Don't worry your plan will work perfectly. It is a pretty walk to the Beach Club. I always enjoying checking out their gift shop and lobby. Do make breakfast reservations if you can.

Tez
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
The guys will LOVE the Segway tour and you and your friends will love the brunch at Cape May. It is kind of fun being in the park when not a lot of people are around. If I remember correctly the Segway group usually meets on the left side and across the sidewalk of spaceship earth. So you will want to head to the World Showcase lagoon but keep to the right and head to the UK. The International Gateway is just past the UK and before the bridge over to France. It is a short, pretty walk from there. Have a great time!