PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin?

stephntampa
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Please help me decide between the Swan or the Dolphin.. is one nicer than the other? I know the hotels are next to each other, but is one closer to Epcot, Boardwalk, etc. than the other? It will be me, DH and DS5. I can't pass up the great rate, plus I will be able to utilize the free birthday night with a 3 night stay. TIA!

Jeniflower
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
we stayed at the Dolphin one year. it was lovely, but you could walk out the back of the dolphin and practically straight into the Swan. they share the same boat dock. so no big difference :thumbsup:

j&j
03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
swan has queen size beds and a smaller hotel.
dolphin has double size beds and a larger hotel. both use the same boat dock. the choice is really yours both are nice hotels. the swan is closer to the boardwalk and the dophin closer to the YC.

MOJoe
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Stayed at both and love them both. You are closer to the Grotto Pool at the Dolphin, and there are more dining choices there too. So i slightly prefer the Dolphin. That said, my kids, who reluctantly share a bed, prefer the Swan.

pamickeys
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
24 hr food at dolphin ,better coffee bar, better food choices and a more relaxing atmosphere

Jeff
03-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Both nice.
Better beds at the Swan.
The distance difference between the two to anywhere is not worth your consideration.

castlegirl
03-20-2009, 08:11 PM
We've also stayed at both. I agree with above posters that both share the same great amenities. We preferred the Swan because we felt it was more relaxing and not as busy. We felt that the lobby of the Dolphin was very busy with business people attending conferences. We loved the Heavenly Beds at the Swan too! Be sure to check for discounts for military, nurses, and teachers :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I prefer the Dolphin because there are more food choices especially Picabu if you want something late at night & you are closer to the hot tubs & Groto pool which is their best pool. Both hotels are about the same distance to anywhere. You aren't really closer to anything from one or the other.

Merryweather
03-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I was at the Dolphin this past weekend. Very pretty hotel. DH got free nite stay for his BD. Convenient late nite dining opt. Beautuful lobby. Walk to Epcot/Boardwalk or boat to Studios and Epcot/Boardwalk. Down side very small beds. Double beds in the Dolphin the Swan has queen beds. $10 resort fee per nite added on for internet, water, health club whether you use it or not. If you have a car you pay for parking as well if I remember its $10 for self and more for valet. Also the hotel holds 40% of a nights stay for incidentals on you credit card that will be refunded if not used. Just be sure your aware of extras. I prefer Disney Property resorts but it was nice to try the Dolphin espcially the BD offer.Have fun

Tigerinvestigator
03-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I always tell our friends to stay at the Dolphin if you have kids and at the Swan if it is just adults. IMHO the Dolphin is more fun and kid friendly while the Swan is smaller and very quiet. Both are great and you can't really make a wrong choice. We have stayed at the Dolphin three times with our 3 girls and once at the Swan with just my DW and I.:thumbsup:

dumbo ears
03-22-2009, 01:02 PM
wow this is a very tough question. I have stayed at both and like both a lot. Id have to say the swan is better for adults and the dolphin is better for familys with kids like previously said before. i wanna say I liked the rooms better at the swan than the dolphin. The Swan is also 2nd on the bus stop chain between the boardwalk and the dolphin. They are both equal length from the boats. I like the dining options at the dolphin better, fresh at the dolphin has an amazing breakfast. Also you are very close to the fantasia gardens minigolf course. We are gonna try this on our next trip. I like the lobby at the dolphin better, at christmas it was beautiful! I think its easier to navigate through the swan than the dolphin. But the really its a toss up, both are great and you can't go wrong with either one.

Disney_Barbie
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
We prefer the Swan, but it's hard for me to tell you why because we oursevles have never been able to put our finger on exactly why.
The Swan is smaller, and I guess feels more intimate to us. Where as the dolphin tends to have more activiity not only because it's bigger but also since there's more eateries there, it seems to be more people wandering around and stuff. And The good pools are closer to the Dolphin area vs. the Swan. Oh and the lobby bar, the dolphin lobby bar seems to be packed ALL THE TIME where as we hardly ever saw anyone @ the Swan lobby bar.
If you do'nt like to walk too far or have trouble walking, I'd go with Dolphin (they both seem pretty equally distant to the parks, boat dock, bus stops, ect. But more eatiers & such are in the Dolphin)
If you have trouble sleeping or anything I'd go w/ the Swan, there just seems to be less noise and activity going on.
If it's a fun girls weekend or soemthing like that I'd go w/ the dolphin, just cause it tens to be closer to all the excitement.
If it's a romantic trip or something, I'd go w/ the Swan.
But either choice, try to explore BOTH locations and don't miss the GREAT eateries in both (Fresh, Il Mulino, Kimonos & Todd English are all MUSTs)