PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

wire0monkey
03-19-2009, 11:40 AM
My husband is blind in one eye and has zero depth perception. (He was in an accident as a little kid.) He cannot see in 3D.

Since Toy Story Mania is all virtual and based on using 3D goggles, is there any point in riding this ride for him? Will he experience anything of the ride, or will it just be a waste of time?

Hayden's Dad
03-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I think he will still get something out of it. It is a ride and you should still be able to see the targets and feel the 4D effects. I say try it once if he doesn't like it you don't have to ride again. Have fun! :mickey:

disneymom15
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
My husband forgot to put the 3D glasses on (had them on top of his head) and did just fine. He didn't beat my score, put then again, he's yet to beat me ever.

kid@heartforever
03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
The ride itself is pretty cool the way it's so smooth when it whips around! I think he could shoot at the targets without using the glasses, at least the bigger ones. At least let him try it and see, it really is a cool ride! Let us know how it goes!!!:mickey:

Zawadi
03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I think he will still get something out of it. It is a ride and you should still be able to see the targets and feel the 4D effects. I say try it once if he doesn't like it you don't have to ride again. Have fun! :mickey:

:ditto:
I would also suggest that he still wears the 3D glasses as using the lens in front of his good eye would remove the second stereoscopic image.
Have fun!

wire0monkey
03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll give it a try, at least once.

GrumpyFan
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Even if he just rides along with you, and doesn't actually play, it will probably still be an enjoyable ride for him.

GoofyGirl18
03-20-2009, 09:46 PM
My dad is also blind in one eye due to an accident as a small child. He hasn't done TSM, but when he's gone to the 3D movies & worn the glasses he say they give him a headache. Your husband may experience the same thing on TSM. It's so sad that they can't experience the 3D effects!

drhama
03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Me and my Mom who is almost totally blind rode it several times on our last trip. Obviously, it is a different experience for her but, she really enjoyed it. I would tell her what kind of screen was up next and about where the targets were. She would blast away and giggle the whole time. We used the handicap entrance and got in a car that had a button on top of the gun instead of the string. Worked much better for her. On the last ride, she got her accuracy up to 33%. Not bad for not being able to see a thing. In the end, it is all about having fun, which she did.

Fangorn
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
DW sees out of both eyes, but they don't function together - she's had this condition all her life. Consequently she does not have binocular vision. All the 3D attractions are difficult for her fully enjoy. But she does enjoy them. She especially enjoys TSM - it's probably her favorite ride at the moment. She does well at most of the games, but there's one (don't remember which one at the moment) that she can't make sense of at all, and her score plummets.

I think your husband should at least try it. He may not get the full experience, but I'm willing to bet that he'll enjoy it anyway. It is a blast - pun intended.

Steve

98'cpTyphoonGuard
03-22-2009, 09:14 AM
I, too, am blind in one eye and have no depth perception. So the 3-d attractions are not high on my to do list. But, with that being said I did ride Toy Story in November and I enjoyed it. My experience was not like my aunt's, but I also was not distracted by thinking things were coming at me. So in short, I think your husband will enjoy this ride.