PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Levels This Week

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I was wondering what crowd levels are like right now or even in the past week...I've always heard they're bad during March but I'm really thinking about scheduling our next during my son's spring break...certainly can't be worse than Christmas.

Strmchsr
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
After talking with my aunt who's a CM the crowds have been INSANE the last 2-3 days. Very crowded. MK has extended it's hours twice and many of the big rides have had well over 60 min waits. I know some southern states (such as Alabama) are largely on spring break this week. That may be why, but it seems WDW was caught off guard by the number of people due to their extending hours and adding extra performances at the last second.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Ok, I'll have to rethink that then...we've considered Mardi Gras week and Thanksgiving and heard they were awful too....:mad:

LauraleeH
03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
My extended family was there over the weekend and said Epcot and the Magic Kingdom were a lot of fun. I don't know how the crowds were but they didn't act like they were that bad. They said they HATED Hollywood Studios because most of the rides were broken or being refurbished, and something about cheer groups causing the shows to be canceled??? They ended up leaving early because of nothing to do...I don't think I've ever been in March but I've heard there are tons of teams and groups.

I've been to WDW around Christmas before, and yes, it can be pretty crowded, but I know spring break is one of the worst times to be in Florida in general. It took me 30 minutes to get to the beach last week because of traffic, and I live maybe 10 minutes away. After all that, there wasn't any parking and I had to go back home :(

Strmchsr
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok, I'll have to rethink that then...we've considered Mardi Gras week and Thanksgiving and heard they were awful too....:mad:

You just sort of have to expect larger crowds whenever school is out. For that matter, there's larger crowds year round. I think March is usually fairly manageable. Certainly nothing like Christmas week. It just seems they were caught off guard this time.

Buddy08
03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
My sister, son and I went last year over spring break and yes it was very crowded but we still had alot of fun. We were able to ride our favorite rides several times throughout our week there and ate at our favorite restaurants (with ADR's of course). It is manageable if you don't mind maneuvering through the crowds.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, we may still consider spring break....thanks for the responses

tjstrike
03-19-2009, 02:35 AM
From everything I'm hearing through these boards and family, spring break really shouldn't be that bad because so many areas are split into several different weeks for school being out. I think the week before and after Easter will be the worst for spring break crowds.