PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to rent a villa?

leighe
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I am wanting to suprise DH with a trip next year during ESPN weekend and was looking into a garden suite at BWI mainly because I was interested in the jacuzzi tub. But then I realized that the rate for a 1 bedroom villa was much cheaper and also has a jacuzzi tub. Right now, Disney is only taking reservations through Dec. 31 of 2009 on-line. I was just wondering how hard it was to reserve a villa? I'm sure the Boardwalk is a very popular location for DVCers.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I believe that the villas for DVC point owners and those availble to book via Disney are "separate" inventories. Still, I would bet that they are fairly popular.

Packages for 2009 will most likely be available in August, so you can only book room-only until then.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
this is suppose to be only available for dv'ers
you might want to check into renting someone of their points. their are several web sites that would help you.

WDWFanatic
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
We are renting a BCV (studio) the last week of April and it was easy to get and actually less money (with the spring discount) than the BC.

I think I've read that they (WDW) keeps some just for rentals, but I don't know how many.

TammiMcMan
03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
this is suppose to be only available for dv'ers
you might want to check into renting someone of their points. their are several web sites that would help you.That's not true. A certain percentage of timeshares have to be set aside for cash sales. Disney has inventory through central reservations or your travel agent.

To the OP, you shouldn't have a problem. I believe you can call or go through a travel agent to book room only now. Rates will be adjusted when those become available and you can also transfer to a package when they come out.

spoiledraf
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I had originally booked a 2 BR villa for June back in October of 08 ans I'm not a DVC member. It was only available for a few weeks in Oct. as I checked back so I'd say book as early as you can.. But we opted for three rooms instead as we decided 9 was too many and I didn't want to sleep in the living room. (especially since I'm paying for it all.)

There is always a chance of a cancelation 45 days out when people have to come up with the cash to pay for it. I'd keep checking. Who knows.

By the way, I've stayed in those Garden Suites and they are realllly nice and are also consierge. It's great being able to stop in for a drink or snack just about any time of day and there a quite pool about 100 feet away. Quite romantic, if thats your plan.