PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan...Yes or No?

Iteachpc
03-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to do the new QSDP on my trip in July. I am traveling with 3 teens so we will all pay the adult price. Has anyone tried it yet? What did you think? What exactly do you get with a CS meal? Someone also posted the snack options have changed a bit. Anyone have any experience here?

I think I could probably come out a little cheaper if we did NOT do the dining plan, but I love the convenience of it and the idea of the food already being paid for. Plus you get your refillable mugs that we always buy anyway.

I'm leaning towards it, just need some input.

Seasonscraps
03-18-2009, 12:30 AM
You get 2 counter service (entree/combo, beverage, dessert) 2 snacks (single serve snack items less then $4) and refillable mug for length of stay for $29.99 per person per night.

I think at best, you will break even so I wouldn't prepay for the convenience of prepaying. It doesn't save you time on line and you could always just put that money in a savings account & let work for you instead of disney.

The best way to be sure is to look through menus and see what you would realistically order and price the OOP costs vs the cost of the meal plan.

Natazu
03-18-2009, 12:58 AM
You get 2 counter service (entree/combo, beverage, dessert) 2 snacks (single serve snack items less then $4) and refillable mug for length of stay for $29.99 per person per night.

I think at best, you will break even so I wouldn't prepay for the convenience of prepaying. It doesn't save you time on line and you could always just put that money in a savings account & let work for you instead of disney.

The best way to be sure is to look through menus and see what you would realistically order and price the OOP costs vs the cost of the meal plan.

agreed! :ditto:

tjstrike
03-18-2009, 01:13 AM
From what I've seen in here your going to get about a 50/50 good / bad response on the QSDP. We've decided to use it for our upcoming trip next week, looks to be about a break even deal if u add it all up ?

GoofyGirl18
03-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Personally, I wouldn't do it. Chances are, you won't save any money doing with the QSDP. Plus, what if you decide to do want to enjoy a TS meal one day? I do understand your point about the convenience of prepaying, though.

WishingStar2006
03-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Another thought on the pro-QSDP....maximize the QS meals...et at Wolfgang Puck Expess at DTD, for example...QS meal there for me was $20+ and that's just one meal for the day and boy was it GOOD!!!!

betteratmk
03-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Another thought on the pro-QSDP....maximize the QS meals...et at Wolfgang Puck Expess at DTD, for example...QS meal there for me was $20+ and that's just one meal for the day and boy was it GOOD!!!!I agree, there are many full meals that you can get on the counter-service meal plan such as Flame tree, Yak and Yetti,Sunshine Seasons, WolfGang Puck ect. Especially if they are boys!! However if you will just eat burgers or a salad and wouldn't use the snacks, then I agree it wouldn't save anything.

Gregandmel
03-18-2009, 09:00 AM
We went in October and decided NOT to do the QSDP. I figured that we wouldn't spend as much as the plan cost. I have an 8 year old boy and a 17 year old boy as well as myself and my DH who went. I have to say - I was quite surprised by the amount of $$ we spent on meals. Granted, we did O'Hana's, Crystal Palace & Sci-Fi as sit-down dinners (which isn't included in the QSDP since they are considered Table Service) but WOW - I'm sure we spent a boatload of cash. I agree with the other posters who say to do your research on where you can eat and then try to determine if it's a good deal for you. I've also heard you'll get a 50/50 mix on it. If you are going to come out even, a lot of people love it for the convenience. I'm still not convinced we'll do it on our next trip though, but I need to put more thought into it next time. HOwever, we DID enjoy being able to just "eat wherever" and not worry about if a place was on "the plan" or not. Good luck -and have a GREAT time!!!!

DANAM
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Another thought on the pro-QSDP....maximize the QS meals...et at Wolfgang Puck Expess at DTD, for example...QS meal there for me was $20+ and that's just one meal for the day and boy was it GOOD!!!!

Ditto!

KronkHere
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Several months ago there was an article posted in AllEars.net called
Doing the Math:
2009 Disney Dining Plans

In a nut shell, it basically calculates the value of each meal on the dining plan. The results are as follows for the QS dining option.

$10.08 - The value of a quick service meal under any plan
$ 4.48 - A refillable mug
$ 2.53 - The value of a snack
$ 0.30 - 30 minutes of arcade time

Do the math and see if you would spend this much on each meal and snack. Remember, on the QS dining paln, it is only 2 meals per day, so you will still need to buy a third meal sometime during the day. I gave it much thought and decided it would not work for me for my trip this June. I have small children and a DW who is a lite eater...

Hope this helps.

:pirate::princess::balloon::balloon: