PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studio

tinkx2
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I was doing some research for our trip at the end of this month. We will be in Hollywood Studios on 29 March. In my research I found the parade at 3:00 is called the "Block Party Bash" does this parade have the cars in it or it that another parade or doesn't Disney have the car parade any more? Has anyone seen this parade? I know that everything Disney does is over the top, but would 13 year olds enjoy this, they would the cars? Thanks for the help!

Nascfan
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
This is a different parade and they don't have the Stars and Motor Cars parade anymore.
This is actually an interactive parade and if your 13 year old would enjoy "being on stage" so to speak and pulled out to dance with some of the performers, he or she would very much enjoy this. It is filled with motion, music, dancing, acrobatic moves, characters, etc.
A good place to be (early) is around where Sunset Blvd intersects with Hollywood Blvd. The front part of the parade will stop there, with the back part stretching down Hollywood Blvd. They will have their performance and move on and do another stop around the corner of the sorcerer's hat. As it ends it's first stop, you should be able to walk to the sorcerer's hat and see the back part of the second stop if you like.
Trying to remember from June, I believe the front of the parade is Toy Story themed and characters, then Monsters Inc, then Bugs Life, with the Incredibles coming out the tops.
Very fun, very energetic, very worthwhile, in my opinion.

MOJoe
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
The Block Party Bash is nothing like the Stars and Motorcars Parade. In fact, it is not really a parade at all. It is more like the High School Musical event, only with animated characters, and in two different locations. It is very interactive, as everyone is invited to dance and yell along to some upbeat music. If your 13 yr old is willing to "join in," it will be very fun.

DANAM
03-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Awesome parade!!! The kids went out and danced in the street with the actors/characters. We stood by the bust statues I don't know what that area was called kind of across from Indiana Jones. Great spot with the sun behind you and the float stop right in front.