PDA

View Full Version : ADR's

#1donaldfan
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
There has been much discussion on how long hold times have been when making the 90 ressies....well, just a little fyi here....

...our 90 day was yesterday....DW started to call at 7 am est sharp...she was on hold for 25 minutes when a family emergency came up ending the call.....later that afternoon, and when all was well at home, she tried again, just taking a chance on wait times....and to her complete surprise she got right through, started making them and then BAM...the computers went down and she was instructed to call back.....a little fishy ?? turned out ok...she called back about 4 hours later and again got right on with a CM and finished up making them, with all the ones we wanted and the times as well.....

...so, If I'd suggest anything about calling....I'd wait till afternoon to call......it worked for us just fine.....:thumbsup:

Charlee
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I rang an hour ago and got through to a CM straight away. The call lasted no more than ten minutes, the CM was extremely helpful and I got everything I asked for at mostly the times I wanted.
Seems that maybe ringing later on in the day means you will get straight through to someone rather than waiting if you ring at 7.00 am.

#1donaldfan
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
....yeah, it's worked twice now...maybe the system has been "tweaked" a little and working better !!:mickey:

mom2mickeyfan
03-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I called at 7 a.m last Thursday (March 12) and was speaking with a CM at 7:03. Still didn't get the one ADR I was wanting but at least it only took me a couple of minutes.

bretski99
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't post much here, but because I'm planning a trip for August, I spend a ton of time on Intercot and other sites. The general theme I'm hearing is this: When the phones first open, most of the "crush" of phone calls, at least initially, is for the most popular reservations - like Cinderella's royal table. Also, some restaurants that have a special "nuance" (like sitting outside at the English Pub at Illuminations time) may fill up quickly as well. If you are just going for a "regular" reservation at a restaurant that is not offering character dining or doesn't have something special to it, you are probably OK calling a few hours later or even that evening, once the crush has gone away.

DANAM
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
We had a simular "the systems down" issue a couple months back. I was trying to cancel reservations and I called 8 times. I had the princess breakfast that was reserved with a cc that I wanted to cancel but could never do it and I actually forgot about it and about a week after we where scheduled to go I thought of it check my statement and was never charged. I did tell the CM's answering the phone what I was trying to do but all of them told me to call back so I can't figure that one out.

Mom2princesses
03-18-2009, 06:40 PM
I actually called today at 7:00 am and only had to wait 5 mins to get through. Then I called back at around 8:30 am (had to finish after I dropped my little one off to pre-school) and I waited about 10 mins.

So I really didn't have to wait all that long.