PDA

View Full Version : Switching resorts in the middle of my stay. Help?'s

lala71474
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
We are staying at the AKL for our first four nights and then on over to the POLY for our last four nights. Wondering, how will we switch luggage and get over to the POLY? I'd like the transition to go as smooth as possible without eating up a lot of park/fun time that day. Does Magical Express come out to switch resorts or just travel to and from airport?

Any information is greatly appreciated :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Magical Express does not get involved, it is all handled through bell services.

When you are ready to leave AKL, call bell services and tell them you are transferring to the Polynesian and would like to have your bags transferred. They'll ask how many bags, and then they'll send someone to your room. This person will take your bags, put a tag on them that will direct them to the Polynesian, and that's it (be sure to tip them).

You can then go on about your day (either go on to the Poly to check in, or do whatever you had planned and check in later).

It will be afternoon before your bags are transferred over, and you'll need to call bell services at the Poly to have them sent up (again, be sure to tip).

Your other option is to get a taxi to take you to the Poly, and take the bags yourself.

lala71474
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow! Im impressed :mickey: That was exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you so much. Have a great day :rocks:

Mousemates
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
just a note...the only thing I'll add to Beast_fanatic's reply is that its also super easy....we've done it many times and have never had a snafu. We love resort hopping because it kind of restarts the vacation agian half way through with new rooms, resorts etc. hope you have a great stay.

Crow
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Magical Express does not get involved, it is all handled through bell services.

When you are ready to leave AKL, call bell services and tell them you are transferring to the Polynesian and would like to have your bags transferred. They'll ask how many bags, and then they'll send someone to your room. This person will take your bags, put a tag on them that will direct them to the Polynesian, and that's it (be sure to tip them).

You can then go on about your day (either go on to the Poly to check in, or do whatever you had planned and check in later).

It will be afternoon before your bags are transferred over, and you'll need to call bell services at the Poly to have them sent up (again, be sure to tip).

Your other option is to get a taxi to take you to the Poly, and take the bags yourself.

Ive done this a few times & like it cause i get to experiance diff resorts that way, esp if I cant afford a mod or deluxe the whole trip.
easy to do wo tying you up

hlkeck
03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
we've done it twice...and twice it took over 9 hours for our bags to get to our hotel room...and that almost turned tragic as they had my evening attire to celebrate my 10th anniversary at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Alberts. Literally - arrived with about 4 minutes to spare before the town car picked us up. I was a bit disheveled...and frantic...probably closer to hysterical...:D

mouseketeer mom
03-18-2009, 06:51 AM
We've done this three times. The hardest part for me is packing up to move to the next resort. With three kids, that takes some time to be super organized. We call Bell services, they come and count our bags, tag our luggage with where its going, and give us a receipt for how many bags they are moving. We usually spend some time at a park or downtown disney before checking in at our new resort. You must be in your room to get your bags at the next resort. It is not magical express, they won't magically appear without you in the room. The bags will arrive at the next resort sometime after 1pm. We've had a situation where they didn't come until after 5pm and I was SOAKED from Kali River Rapids and freezing. That wasn't good, so plan accordingly. All and all, splitting resorts is easy to do.

j&j
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
:mickey:no problem you call the bell desk wait for pick up then they will deliver to your new hotel.best to do this in the am.:mickey::mickey:

Dsnygirl
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I was so happy to see this post and all this information!! It was rattling around in my brain to try this, but I wondered if it'd be too much trouble. We hope to do 10 nights in October, and I'd love to do 5 and 5. We just don't know which deluxe we'd like to change to! (We'll be starting at either CBR/Jamaica or POFQ) I've always wanted to stay at AKL, so I'm leaning that way, but I'm SOOO not sure. Guess it'll all come down to where there are rooms when the specials come out!! ;)

Maleficent's Dad
03-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Bell Services is very familiar with these operations as they occur all the time. The transfer, however, isn't always a smooth one. :unsure:

We've had a few snafus where our bags took an exceedingly long time to make it to our destination resort (as in, after 8PM). A more recent visit, we transferred from OKW to the WL, and they "lost" one of our bags. That particular bag didn't make it to the WL until after 10 PM.

So while the system works well most of the time, it isn't without flaws...

Dream'nDisney
03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
We arrived a day early last time and stayed at at ASM, and then transferred to CBR the next morning. We took a cab and a couple carry-ons and had them transfer the rest of our luggage. When the cab arrived, it was a van, and could have easily fit all of our luggage. Our luggage made it to CBR by the time our room was ready, so it wasn't an issue. I am just wondering if we can specifically request a van taxi this time when we transfer from POP to CBR so that we have our luggage with us. Anyone know? Thanks.

brer frog
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Thank you so much for this help. I too have had the same question.

mom2morgan
03-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I was thinking of doing that, but after reading all the potential snafu's I'm thinking I'll just use a cab...sounds a bit quicker and smoother and probably not much more expensive once you consider tipping bell services at both ends...