PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a cufuffle!!

DebbieFr
03-17-2009, 09:16 AM
We are travelling to the world from England in October. It will be our third visit.
I am extremely confused and bemused....

We haven't purchased the DDP and have never needed to in the past. Now I am concerned. My friend is travelling to the world in April (only booked earlier this month) and has been unable to make any reservations anywhere!!
Now I understand that everyone needs to make reservastions but I have been reading posts where some people have made up to six reservations in one place in two weeks!!!! They definitely have no intention of using all six reservations - so why do it!!!! A bit greedy if you ask me. :thedolls:

I hope that all you multi-ressie people remember to cancle your reservations in plenty of time if you no longer require them. :(

I feel that a lot of the fun and is going to be taken out of eating in Disney with all the stress this is causing and expense too. W cannot keep ringing America to make reservations all because other people are making so many unnecessary reservations.:cool:

Please have a thought for us overseas visitors.:thumbsup:

Nini5055
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, I understand your dilemma. However, I truly don't believe that the WDW dining system allows individuals to make more than one ADR for a particular time on one day for multiple restaurants. I could be wrong though. :confused:

I truly believe that what you are seeing is just a busy period for WDW. Many people do get the dining plans and so they make sure to make ADR's for their entire stay. I like the dining pland and do that as well. However, I have found that flexibility is key when making your ADR's. If one time is not available, then ask for another time or a suggestion from the CM for another suitable restaurant.

Making ADR's so far in advance can certainly be stressful. I am not sure if you can make them yet for October? I thought it was 90 days out? Can someone else please clarify when this poster should be making her ADR call?

I hope your planning works out and that you have a Magical Trip!!! :mickey:

vicster
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
It was changed to 90 days for ADRs but maybe they left it at 180 for overseas visitors. I also would hope people aren't making multiple reservations for the same day as it's hard enough getting reservations these days. Disney should have something in place so that can't be done.

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I am sure there are people out there who make several ADRs for the same day, but I have never had any problems calling at 90 (or 180)days and being able to get everything I wanted. If you are worried you won't have any dining options then you need to do like anyone else visiting and make those ADRs at 90 days out. It doesn't matter where you live, by calling at 90 days there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get the majority of the reservations you want. I only have to call once to get us set up for the week. Unless of course we change our minds and want to try for a different place. Is there a toll free number for out of country guests to call?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree that the whole ADR system can be a bit confusing and frustrating, especially for first-time visitors (I know that I didn't realize I had to book so far in advance on my first trip!)

But, I always call first thing at 90-days out (180 days when it WAS 180-days), and have never had a problem getting the ADR's that I want, at pretty reasonable times.

There isn't a 1-800-# that I know of (at least not for us Canadians), but the long distance charges are well worth it to get the ADR's that we want.

I also agree that making more than one ADR for a meal is super-rude, we're all in the same situation and it would be better if everyone played fair (wouldn't life be better if everyone was fair!)

For the OP, sorry I don't have better news, especially for your friends with the last minute trip!

TheDuckRocks
03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
OK, I'm now confused too!:confused: I really can't remember ever seeing anyone post that they had made 6 ADRs for any one Disney restaurant. Granted I don't read all "I have my ADRs" postings, but I think that a poster that made that kind of statement would cause quite a stir. Now many people make multiple ADRs over the course of their entire WDW stay. We will be using the Deluxe DDP in Dec. over a 10 night stay and the ADR count will be something like 27.

DizneyRox
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, I understand your dilemma. However, I truly don't believe that the WDW dining system allows individuals to make more than one ADR for a particular time on one day for multiple restaurants. I could be wrong though. :confused:

ADRs are stored by phone number. So yes, it's very possible to have multiple reservations at same times.

hlkeck
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
what is a "cufuffle"? :mickey:

Dragongirlx
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Yes it's definatley 90 days out for ADRs even from the UK - although I am hoping you should be able to make them online by the time mine come up for September.
April (easter) is a very busy time so that might be the reason your friend was having problems.
I belive the trick is to be very flexible when booking restaurants so while you might not get the one you want you should always have a back up or two and be flexible with times

DisneyFr33k
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I just looked it up on line, and it is spelled here in the states "kafuffle" and means disorder, commotion.

Charlee
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
ADR's can be a pain for UK visitors - I don't think there is a great awareness for this when you book a holiday and without doing research on sites like Intercot I didn't know ADR's had to be made.

I noticed Virgin advertise the dining plan but have only in very small lettering in the brochure that you should make reservations. I think sometimes this is a problem.

Being from the UK, I booked my ADR's for our June trip an hour ago and have booked them the two previous years. The long distance charge is not too bad and I prefer to know that we have some special meals booked - we focus on character dining!

Today was my 90 day mark and I got everything that I wanted though had to be a little bit flexible with times. I think it is worth ringing to book ADR's even from the UK, it was ten minute phone call today and now I know we have everything booked.

sainter
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe making reservatios easier to cancel would help as well!!
We had reservations that we wanted to cancel on the last 2 of our vacations -- just decided we didn't need another big meal that day once, and the other, changed our plans for the day altogether. I had such a difficult time getting to talk to someone to cancel them! You call from a resort phone, go through all the prompts, put on hold and sometimes got cut off altogether. I think it took longer to cancel them than to make them -while the rest of my group is waiting for me. There should be a dedicated cancellation prompt or line!

#1donaldfan
03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
what is a "cufuffle"? :mickey:

....yeah me too....what does that mean ???

.....I agree with ya in the respect that making multiple ADR's for dinner, and then choosing the night of, is terribly rude, and very selfish....now, if you have several ADR's for the same day, but one for Breakfast, lunch, then dinner I can understand.....

:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm in a "Cufuffle" too! Like your friend, I booked for April only recently. This is the first time in all my years going to Disney that I haven't been able to get what I want for ADR's. I am usually very good at calling way ahead of time and locking things in. I learned you can't be spontaneous with these Disney trips and expect to get the ADR's you want. Luckily, we go fairly often enough that being more flexible and going with the flow for this trip will have to do, and be fine. We don't have our heart set on a particular restaurant. We got some very early dinners, and others at places that wouldn't be our first choice.

DisneyFr33k
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
....yeah me too....what does that mean ???

See my post above....

SBETigg
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I just looked it up on line, and it is spelled here in the states "kafuffle" and means disorder, commotion.

Also as curfuffle, kurfuffle, or kerfuffle. I've always known it as curfuffle. But the OP makes herself pretty clear in context that Disney dining is a mess. ;)

I, too, miss the days that you could pretty much do same day reservations or just walk up, but it has been like this for several years now and I've gotten used to it. I'm glad they dropped it back down to 90 days for ADRs, anyway. I'm going in April, made my ADRs in February, and had no problem getting everything I wanted (no multiples on any one day).

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
ADR's can be a pain for UK visitors - I don't think there is a great awareness for this when you book a holiday and without doing research on sites like Intercot I didn't know ADR's had to be made.

I am from the US and the first few times we went to WDW we didn't know the need to make ADRs either. I think, unless you are a member of a site like Intercot, do research, or know someone who has been before or visits often, most first time travelers to WDW don't know the need to have ADRS made. I don't think it is something that only affects visitors from the UK, or any place outside the US. I've received brochures in the mail and all my documents from disney and any information about dining isn't "in your face". You would have to read through everything to realize that you may need to book meals ahead of time. Unfortunately, the DDP has made it harder than ever to book ADRs for a short notice trip, but that holds true for everyone.

Hull-onian
03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
"Cufuffle"--guess it's the new word of day.:mickey:

Natazu
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
I heard "Cufuffle" is the new Boardwalk restaurant.

DebbieFr
03-18-2009, 05:43 AM
:mickey: thank you all so much for your replies.

We will indeed be calling up and making reservations for our trip in October. At least I have now found out that you only have to make one call.

:party: can't wait to get there