PDA

View Full Version : Water features operational?

Maleficent_vf
03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I've been seen talk recently about drought conditions in Florida. I recall a few years back the fountains and so forth were shut down for a while. Water is such an integral part of the parks. It just won't seem like the same place, especially EPCOT with its numerous fountains.

Are there any visible signs of this in the parks?

Ed
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I haven't been to the parks recently, but the drought conditions this year are not nearly as bad as a few years ago. And I'm sure the local media would have mentioned it by now if WDW was shutting down the fountains, etc.

BamaJenn
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
On our trip in January I didn't find any of the water features shut down. The water was jumping in Epcot and the fountains were going. The Fountain of Nations was closed for refurb so I'm sure that saves them some water. :D

Mickey Loves Golf
03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
My wife and I were just there for 2 days and all the fountains etc were operational...its dry but everything was up and running.

Imagineer1981
03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
The shut downs tend to happen more in the summer months when its really hot and the water loss is much more due to evaporation

BamaJenn
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
The shut downs tend to happen more in the summer months when its really hot and the water loss is much more due to evaporation
Which is incredibly backwards because in Orlando, the humidity is super high during those hot summer months and low during the cool months. Gotta love it.

IamBelle
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Hopefully, they won't be down this summer. I know they were ok the last time I was down there, but I do remember June 2001 Ariel's Water Playground in MK was dry and they put a sign that said Ursula put a spell on the playground to cause a drought!