PDA

View Full Version : old time photos

kurt
03-16-2009, 04:40 PM
a friend of will be taking a trip to WDW in sept. this will will his wife's first visit there. one of the activities they enjoy on trips is to get one of those photos where you wear costumes & the photo looks like the old time ones. is there any place in WDW where they take these kinds of photos?:confused:

Tinkerbelly84
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Not that I know of.

tjstrike
03-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Seems like the one they took of us at the Hoop-de-do was old fashioned but no costumes.

DANAM
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
I asked my mom about this because she has a picture of us on her wall all dressed up like what your taliking about. She said she thinks it was by POTC and it was in 1989 when we took the picture but doesn't ever remember seeing before or after that. It was the year MGM or DHS openned. So maybe it was something there and she has the place mixed up.

gwfx1031
03-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I do not recall this either. We have had many nice shots taken by the park photographers as we were in the parks and those are always nice momentos

KathyMO
03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I asked my mom about this because she has a picture of us on her wall all dressed up like what your taliking about. She said she thinks it was by POTC and it was in 1989 when we took the picture but doesn't ever remember seeing before or after that. It was the year MGM or DHS openned. So maybe it was something there and she has the place mixed up.

Yes there was place by POTC and one in Downtown Disney back years ago. We had our picture taken at the one by POTC. They closed quite a few years ago. I don't know of one that is still open at WDW but if you go off grounds you can try Old Town. They had a place taking the old time photos the last time I was there.

Kathy

Kathy

doombuggy
03-18-2009, 08:07 AM
My sister and I had one taken at Universal, but I want to say that was back in 1992....to my knowledge, there are none of these on WDW property.

DizNee143
03-18-2009, 10:30 AM
they use to have a few spots were they would do the old time photos...i just remeber the one on main street in MK and then there was on in Downtown Disney...
we use to do them each trip..we have about 7 or 8 of them..but sadly they got rid of it..i wish i knew why..they get rid of all the good stuff!!

brer frog
03-18-2009, 10:51 AM
They got rid of the one in MK? what took it's spot?