PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stock Certificate

BamaJenn
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok so I know there are all these companies out there (including one that is an affliliate on this site) that will sell you one share of Disney stock and provide you with the stock certificate etc. for a fee.

My question is this. If I purchase stock in Disney on my own, through a broker or whatever, isn't there a way for me to request the stock certificate directly rather than having to go through one of these companies and pay a transfer fee?

brownie
03-17-2009, 07:14 AM
It is possible, but I'm guessing you'll probably have to pay some fees to make it happen no matter which route you choose.

meldan98
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Sometimes the Certificate fees can be really high, so be sure to check with your broker prior to making the trade. Be sure to figure in your fee for placing the trade as well. The Intercot partner may end up being cheaper than doing a trade with your broker. When we bought our stock for Pixar and Disney (to get the certificates) we had to use our broker since both my dh and I worked for a broker. If I recall correctly, using the Intercot partner would have been cheaper.