PDA

View Full Version : Another Fantasmic timing question...

Dsnygirl
03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
We are planning to go in October, and would like to see Fantasmic this trip. Historical park hours for October 08 show DHS closing at 7 or 7:30pm, but Fantasmic as being 9pm on it's scheduled nights. How does that work? Do you actually line up when the park closes for the show?? Seems a bit odd to me, as the entrance is still within the park... but that's what all the historical hours show as what was scheduled.

Can anyone shed any light on this? :thanks:

Giggy
03-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure on this but it could be that at 7:30 they start closing the rides and people who don't plan to see Fantasmic will head out, perhaps souvenier shopping on the way. Those who want to see Fantasmic may then head to wards the arena, again perhaps doing a bit of shopping of getting soemthing quick to eat on the way.

I don't think clsoe time is when they literally shut the gates and the park is suddenly empty, I think it may be more gradual than that.

MOJoe
03-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't think that Fantasmic would be offered at 9 if the Studios closed at 7. Most likely, either the park would be open till 9, and Fantasmic would be shown then, or Fantasmic would be shown at 7.
Many times Fantasmic is shown while the rest of the park is closing. But i don't think the park would close 2 hours before Fantasmic. The only possible exception would be if there were 2 shows.

Pooh Fan
03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I was just at DHS a few weeks ago and the park closed at 7pm the day we were there however there were Fantasmic shows at 7 and 8:30. The info card with the days events (the little prinout that lists parade and show times etc.) also listed a handful of attractions that would remain open past 7 for those waiting for the 8:30 showing of Fantasmic. I would assume that this would also be the case for the scenario you are discussing.

j&j
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM
you can line up before the park closes.

momofdisneyprincess
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I would recommend getting the Fantasmic Dining Package so you didn't have to wait in line. There is no "extra" charge for this at the restaurant, you just have to ask for the package. We usually eat at Hollywood&Vine. It is a buffet so there is at least something people like to eat. Just a suggestion. I have little ones so waiting 1 hr isn't really the best option for us.