PDA

View Full Version : Sailing Lessons?

GhostHost999
03-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Whenever I go to DIsney with my relatives, my mom and aunt have the nasty habit of spending their mornings sitting by the pool doing nothing while there are theme parks to explore. So I am always looking for stuff to do. I saw that the Contemporary has water craft rentals, but do they have sailing lessons? and if so, how much does it cost? How far in advance should I book it?, etc.

TammiMcMan
03-16-2009, 04:04 PM
The Contemporary's watercraft area is actually run by Sammy Duvall. You can rent the jet skis, go water skiing, tubing, kneeboarding and they also offer parasailing.

Most of the resorts on the water offer sailboats for rent through their marinas. I think at one time the Yacht and Beach club offered sailing lessons, but I'm not sure if they still do. I would suggest calling the (407)WDW-PLAY (939-7529). They have a list of everything that's available, plus all the details on booking.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
do their parasailing you will love it. you can book ahead or if you want when at disney.

GhostHost999
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I think I'm a little too big to do parasailing...people will probably think Rodan or Mothra was attacking the hotel.

Figaro
03-20-2009, 12:15 AM
We don't offer sailing lessons at the CT. There's only Montauks, Pontoons, and Searaycers for rent. Sammy Duval does have other activities to do at CT. They have parasail, tubing, wake boarding, skiing, jet skis. The Poly does still have sailboats for rent, however, I don't think there's lessons and Lake Patrol will every soo often restrict the lake to experienced sailors only (Not to say when you're there they would, but it's sometimes a possibility based upon weather and incoming weather). If you're looking for recreation options though, there's TONS to do. Check out the new and improved recreation listings on the WDW site....

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/

The sky really is the limit when it comes to things to do at WDW! :mickey: If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM :)