PDA

View Full Version : parking at MK

spoonfulosugar
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
What's the parking situation like at MK? We usually take the buses. Any tips? Thanks!

devoted93
03-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Really not much of a situation. Take World Drive and just keep going - it dead ends into the MK parking lots. You follow the path (or other cars) and a CM will guide you into a space. Sometimes you're close enough to walk, most of the time you'll need to take a tram to the TTC. That's about it, really. Not much different than any of the other parks. The parking area itself reminds me most of Animal Kingdom for some reason.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-15-2009, 08:38 PM
The one important difference is that the trip from the parking lot to MK can be an adventure in itself.

From your parking space, you can take a tram, or walk to the TTC (depending how close you are). Then you'll have to take the ferry or the monorail to the actual park entrance.

If you're staying on-site, MK is the one park I really recommend taking Disney transport to. If not, sit back and enjoy the ride. Our first trip, off-site we took the ferry across and met :chip: and :dale:, DD was already thrilled and we hadn't even gotten to the park yet :thumbsup:

dteed
03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
The one important difference is that the trip from the parking lot to MK can be an adventure in itself.

From your parking space, you can take a tram, or walk to the TTC (depending how close you are). Then you'll have to take the ferry or the monorail to the actual park entrance.

If you're staying on-site, MK is the one park I really recommend taking Disney transport to. If not, sit back and enjoy the ride. Our first trip, off-site we took the ferry across and met :chip: and :dale:, DD was already thrilled and we hadn't even gotten to the park yet :thumbsup:

I agree, if onsite busses are the best way. Easier for others but MK Disney transport is the best way.

WVParkfan
03-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Agree with previous posters. If staying on-site, then take the bus. It will save you 30 minutes or more at the MK.

Once you park at the MK, you must go to the Ticket and Transportation center to get to the park. That means you can either take a boat of the monorail. And while both are really neat ways to get to the park, they simply take too long (and are generally very crowded).

We drove to the MK once, but won't do it again.

The other parks are fine to drive to, and I actually recommend driving to DHS, rather than taking a bus. But definitely not the MK.

Giggy
03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
We have always driven and parked at the TTC, we then take the tram and alternate between the monorail and the ferry as we like both.

For me they have always just been part of the day, extra rides to go on! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Pretty simple, just be prepared to take some time for Monorail/ferry boat to the park itself

DANAM
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
I disagree we find taking our own car much faster and easier. Nothing is worse thatn standing there in line watching bus after bus go by and you don't get picked up or the lines at the end of the night being so long and you holding a tired child waiting for another bus to come by because you couldn't get on that one.

Imagineer1981
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I disagree we find taking our own car much faster and easier. Nothing is worse thatn standing there in line watching bus after bus go by and you don't get picked up or the lines at the end of the night being so long and you holding a tired child waiting for another bus to come by because you couldn't get on that one.

We always drive ourselves. Just much easier to do whatever we want, when we want.

Mousemates
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
We have done it both ways...and generally prefer to take the bus...however, if your leaving during a busy time (say after late fireworks) a car can be nice...it won't necessarily get you back quicker...but your wait will be sitting in your soft-seated, air- conditioned car listening to your music instead of standing on hard concrete in a humid bus queue listening to the unhappy children who are up way past their bedtime. just be sure you write down your cars location in the massive disney parking lots.