PDA

View Full Version : Segways in Innoventions

Daisy712
03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
During our last trip, in Innoventions we were able to take a sample ride on a Segway. Do they still offer this?

Altair
03-15-2009, 12:22 PM
They still did it in January, but the wait can be very long.
Be sure to check out "Don't Waste It", "Where's the Fire", and "Storm Struck". All of these are fun.:mickey:

joonyer
03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Are you referring to the Segway "Around the World at Epcot tour? This is about a two-hour excursion on a Segway;, cost is about $100.00 per person.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you referring to the Segway "Around the World at Epcot tour? This is about a two-hour excursion on a Segway;, cost is about $100.00 per person.

I don't think this is the tour the OP was referring to - I think they are talking about the free segway session in Innoventions (West I think), near where you can get a free picture if you're a Disney Visa cardholder.

You sit through about a 15 minute spiel/video about the history and safety precautions of the segway, then you go outside into the innoventions west proper area and ride a segway in a straight line, maybe 30 feet down and 30 feet straight back.

They still had it the last time I went too, and it was a blast!

j&j
03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
you have to book the tour to take advantage of this ride. I hit the wall on this ride.

EJS-Houston
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
When I was last there in November '07 you did not need to book a tour to do the free Segway test ride in Innoventions. You simply needed to wait in line, which in November was very small.

Daisy712
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think this is the tour the OP was referring to - I think they are talking about the free segway session in Innoventions (West I think), near where you can get a free picture if you're a Disney Visa cardholder.

You sit through about a 15 minute spiel/video about the history and safety precautions of the segway, then you go outside into the innoventions west proper area and ride a segway in a straight line, maybe 30 feet down and 30 feet straight back.

They still had it the last time I went too, and it was a blast!

Yes, that was what I was referring to. You wait in a line, go in for a preride session, sign waivers and then do a very short ride--absolutely free. Thanks for your help.

nicjohn3
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=Daisy712;1856431]Yes, that was what I was referring to. You wait in a line, go in for a preride session, sign waivers and then do a very short ride--absolutely free. Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE

Yes it was still going last week-mar 14-21. :mickey: