PDA

View Full Version : Park with EMH

Luv4WDW
03-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I've read several posts on this in the past, but I can't seem to find a solution! I'll be at WDW in the end of June. Should we go to the park with EMH? I was thinking of going to morning EMH and then when it gets crowded and unbearably hot in the afternoon to head back to the hotel (GF). I'm hoping that if we do that we'll actually get to ride some rides without standing in line ALL day! I haven't come up with a plan for evening EMH yet. Does anybody have any tips for this time of the year?

Luv Eeyore
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
While we've been there in June only once, and a long time ago at that, we do typically go during spring break where the crowds are heavy. We do the morning EMH because it does allow us to get several rides in before the lines get too long, then we head back to the hotel for a while. After we're rested, we go to another park, one that had EMH the previous day, if possible. We never do the evening EMH because the lines still tend to be rather long.

PrettyMinnie
03-15-2009, 01:41 PM
While the corwds are still high shortly after the night time EMHs start, after about an hour the crowds die down signifigantly. We have found that we can get a lot of rides in during this time period. The really late ones in MK are fun. We actually have a picture in front of the castle and we are the ONLY ones there!! Popular rides like Dumbo and Space Mountain were walk ons and we found Mickey and Minnie in Fantasyland with no wait!

tadshome
03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
We were there in June a few years ago and took advantage of the EMH in the morning then went back for a swim at the resort. We then went to a different park in the late afternoon. This worked really well for us and we got to experience alot more rides without having to stand in long queues.

Luv4WDW
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I never thought of going to the park that had EMH the day before in the afternoon. That's a great idea! Thanks for the tips!

Polynesian Dweller
03-15-2009, 03:31 PM
We've had good experience going to the park that had EMH the night before. The crowds seem to be lower and folks are off to the park with the morning EMH.

wdwfansince75
03-15-2009, 04:14 PM
We have done June visits several times since EMH's start. Morning EMH's are usually great for all parks. Evening EMH's, however, seemed worthwhile only for MK. The really late hour, and the larger number of open rides seems to allow multiple rides on favorite rides at MK. Most of the other parks only have a few favorite rides, which are packed for most of the EMH. We found the lines for ToT and RnRC to be longer during EMH than earlier on the same day. Have not done a DHS since TSMM, so I don't know what effect that may have.

Maybe it's just me. The last several trips, it seemed to me that there are more unsupervised young teens and tweens running through the parks. And I do mean running. Like you used to see at rope drop. EMH crowds do seem more intense, in general, and decidedly less friendly.