PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans

tink179
03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
This is my family's first stay at POR. We've stayed at Pop Century 4 times and ASM once.This will be our 6th trip,and a little nervous on how big and spread out POR will be. Can anyone give some sort of comparison, or tell me if I should be worried. Also, I see Boatwrights listed for a restaurant there. Is that for Table Service, Counter Service, or what exactly. TIA!!! :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Boatrights is a table service restaurant that serves dinner.

THey have a food court that's open all day.

The resort is big but it's laid out well so it doesn't feel so spread out, at least to me. I dont know how it compares to POP or ASM. Check out a resort map and you can request buildings closer to the main building. I like the bayou section building 14, 15 or 18.

Have a great trip - it's a great resort! If you happen to be there on an evening Bob Jackson is performing in the River Roost (lobby lounge) - I highly recommend it. It is fun for the whole family!!

Pirate Granny
03-15-2009, 12:01 AM
It's much bigger property wise than Pop or any of the All Stars...but I believe that they have the same amount of rooms...and there are five bus stops...and quiet pools in several of the other areas in addition to the main pool which is fairly central to all buildings...ENJOY
:pirate:

sainter
03-15-2009, 05:31 AM
POR is big but except for the farthest few buildings, I think manageable with the island in the middle to use as a corss-over. The entire resort is in a shape of an oval.
This is what I found on a search on the internet, but I take no responsibility if it is not accurate! :) POP 235 acres and 5760 rooms:
POR 325 acres and 2048 rooms.

GoofyforFun
03-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Here is a good resource

http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

http://allears.net/menu/menu_bwd.htm

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Having gone to both I wouldn't worry. We found POR to be awesome. We loved POP when we stayed there. POR, however, felt much more laid back and relaxing. While at POP it seemed much more hustle and bustle.

I think you'll love the grouds there. Take the oppurtunity to explore them. The Fishin Hole was great, we did this early one morning and my son had a blast cane pole fishing. We also rented one of the pontoon boats and took a nice boat ride up the rivers to the lake at DTD.

My sister is handicapped and uses a cane to get around. She didn't think it was a bad walk around the resort. We were in the Mansions Building 35. They do have other bus stops around the resort, so you don't have to walk all the way to the front to get p/u or dropped off.