PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about SSR?

yasmina
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
A friend of ours at work is a member of the DVC. He and his family are not going to DW this June and asked us if we wanted their time. we don't belong to DVC and have no idea how this works.

Their room is a 2 br villa, and they're asking $500.00 for 5 days. After pricing this on disney.com and other sites, this seems like a phenomenal price. Is it as good as I think?

Now how would this work? Do they have a specific villa that they "own" for that period each year, or does it depend on availability on arrival? Could it be possible to be given a tree house (I know, wishful thinking, but they priced the same as the 2 br villas)?

Does each villa have a washer and dryer?

We were NOT planning to go to DW this year, as finances are tight, but for a price like this, we can't resist! :mickey:

greengeen
03-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes, that is a Phenomenal Price!

No, they don't own a specific villa; they use their "points" to purchase the size and dates that are desired. Villas should ideally be booked 11 months out in order to get what you want, but SSR is easier than other DVC properties to get on short notice. You should book as SOON as you know your dates. Getting a tree house is not easy, because there are only 60 of them, and only about half have been "relelased" for booking. But you can always ask.

Yes, each 1 and 2 bedroom villa has a washer and dryer. The studio size rooms don't, but there are communal washers and dryers available if you are staying in a studio.

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Their room is a 2 br villa, and they're asking $500.00 for 5 days. After pricing this on disney.com and other sites, this seems like a phenomenal price. Is it as good as I think?
....Well, yes, it is a phenomenal price. :jaw:

dmosher
03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't even stop to question, just accept it. You are basically paying for 1.5 days and getting the rest free. Go for it!
:pipes:
D

peemagg
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I agree with the others and don't question it! Give you friend the money and pack your bags!

You will like Saratoga. It is a nice resort even though it is large. We have enjoyed both of our visits there and would be going back again except we wanted to try Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas.

Have fun!

Here we go again...
03-15-2009, 09:37 PM
We own at SSR and have stayed in a 2 bedroom for our last 2 trips. I don't think my house is much larger than that 2 bedroom villa... the kids got their own "room" to themselves. The 2nd bedroom has 2 beds and it's own bathroom. Plus you get a Jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom to help you relax at the end of the day.

We love SSR. Don't think twice about it... grab that trip and go before they offer to give it to someone else! We have done the same thing. We gave a room to a friend for $600 for a week when we had extra points. It is a win-win situation... you get at great room at an unbelievable price and the money you paid pays our dues for the year.