PDA

View Full Version : Question About Developer Points

mjaclyn
03-14-2009, 03:28 PM
DH and I are looking into joining DVC with points at Bay Lake Tower. Right now, the incentive through March 28th is developer points along with $800 off the down payment. The catch is - you have to use these points for a vacation by this October. We won't be able to go to Disney before that, or on any other trip for that matter. So...my question is - does Disney allow you to rent or transfer the developer points? I don't want to waste the points, but I'm currently expecting child #2 in the beginning of May and there is no way we'll be able to travel to WDW before October. I was thinking if we bought into DVC this year, we'd bank our points and combine them with next year's points to get a two bedroom villa.

So does anyone know if Disney allows you to rent or transfer the developer points they give you as an incentive if you're unable to use them?

DizneyRox
03-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm fairly certain you can rent them. I doubt you can transfer them. They ARE a pain to use. I have some plans in mind, but I'm thinking using my developer points is going to put the kaibosh on it.

Ian
03-15-2009, 08:48 AM
There are a ton of restrictions on them, but I'm fairly certain you can still sell them.

I'd call your guide and ask before deciding, though. And try to get his or her answer in writing. I've learned that DVC can be sort of slippery ...