PDA

View Full Version : how long is boat ride from BC to DS?

scootch713
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
how long is the boat ride from Beach club to disney studios? thansk

Zawadi
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
About 15 minutes, from the BC Lighthouse, via the Swan & Dolphin.
It does not take much longer if you walk.

Mousemates
03-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Zawadi has the time about right....the only thing i would add is that while it is good basic transportation...riding in the back of the boat (where its open air) is wonderfully relaxing and offers some opportunites for some great vacation pictures (especially at dusk when the sunlight softens and the lights of the resorts and boardwalk start to brighten up.)

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
We love the boat ride in the evening when the air is cool and all the lights are on. Everything is peaceful and beautiful.

TammiMcMan
03-13-2009, 10:44 PM
If I remember correctly, the sign says 20 minutes, which seems about right (not including wait time).

scootch713
03-14-2009, 08:55 AM
so, if we are more in a hurry, would I be better driving(will have a rental car as we are doing sw and dlc too) ??????

i will be sure to take the boat sometime(especially in the evening) but if we are heading there in the morn and plan to head back for afternoon break, would taking the car be better ??? tks

wendy*darling
03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the boat or walking would still be faster than driving.
By the time you get to your car, drive to DHS, park and walk to the turnstiles- I can't imagine it being any less time than the boat.

I may be partial, as we never have a car on property, but I really believe that the actual "drive" may be shorter than the boat ride, but all the getting to and from will add up to more time.