PDA

View Full Version : Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

JakeontheCob
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
So my Son and my Father will be going on the train tour at the Magic Kingdom, which I think will be really great for them.

I now need to figure something special to do with my daughter (age 5 1/2) and the BBB came to mind. My questions are these...

1) Is the $55 nails, hair, and makeup worth it?
2) Will everything last if I get her the treatment at about 6:40 pm so that she will still look wonderful for her Storybook Princess breakfast the next morning at 8 am at Epcot?

I ask because being a divorced Dad with a daughter, I will freely admit that my makeup, hair and nail skills are less than perfect. I can put her hair in a ponytail or down with a headband and that is about it. I can do her nails, but nothing more than a basic painting.

Do you Mom's on here think the $55 would be well spent and would my DD enjoy the pampering she would receive?

GoofyMom09
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I think it is a great idea to do BBB with your daugther! I teach Kindergarten so I am very familiar with your daughter's age group and I am certain that she would love the experience. I have never actually been to the BBB, but I have heard from many people who think it is definitely money well spent. Make sure you take tons of pictures and get the Photopass ones as well.

tink179
03-13-2009, 03:45 PM
My DD 3 got the hair, nails and makeup done in January and I think it's definitely worth it. If you were to buy the tiara, the jeweled face stickers, and the jeweled mickey barrette, it would cost you more than the BBB. It's wonderful! They get to keep all the above mentioned, plus they get a sash, 2 nail polishes, and makeup. The only thing I would be concerned about for you would be carrying it over to the next morning. My dd had hers done at 8:15 am. It lasted great all day, but when she woke up the next day and slept on it, her hair started coming out from the bun. If you something other than a princess style you might be fine. My DD just didn't look the same the next day. You could reapply her makeup, and you get extra face jewels, but the hair is hard to redo if you get the bun/tiara design. Hope that helps. :mickey:

mickey&missy
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
:thumbsup: I think it will definitely be worth it! My DD has done BBB twice and looked more lovely then cinderella both time! Don't worry about the hairdo coming out! They use soooo much gel and hairspray it'll stick like glue!

scootch713
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh it is so worth it. It was the funnest thing ever for both my daughters and I. I was in tears! They did the diva look and kept it in from 8am till the following night and still looked great the next day. If you want to see some pics, pm me your email and I will send you some pics. The girls truly felt like princesses all day, everyone goes out of their way to recognize them. I almost spent the $110 and let them do it on the day we left(since daddy doesn't do our disney trips).

Daisy'sMom
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
If we had small children it would be a must for my daughter. What a memory. When you see them walking by all dolled up they look so proud of themselves. We love calling out to them, saying things like "look, a real princess." They are so cute. Do it, I think you will never forget it and your daughter won't either.:mickey:

Keasmom
03-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I am sure she would love it. Whether it will hold up, I do not know. When we went there were no reservations left (3 months out at that) and so my daughter got face paint at AK. The boutique was nice, the little girls looked lovely, but if she is an active child, or if it is really hot and humid, the hair may not hold up and she may sweat off the makeup. I noticed a lot of girls looking uncomfortable in their dresses, so you might want to pack along a really pretty cotton dress for her to wear, rather then the hot polyesther princess dress. Big difference between pretty and comfortable. Maybe you could pack along a small makeup kit (available for a few dollars at Rite Aid) and touch up the makeup. I think she will love it and it is a memory worth making.

junedis
03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Your daughter will love it and you will have a ball as well! I feel the $55.00 package is worth it as an up do, make-up and nails would cost the same or more in a professional salon. As for the durability, we went in the hot and humid month of June and DD hair was fine. As for the make-up, it will wear but they give your daughter a gift bag with a small make-up kit, a comb, nails or polish and stickers. My daughter chose the press-on nails and they came off quickly, go for the polish. Also, be sure to bring any brushes or combs that work well on your daughter. Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!!!:mickey:

momofdisneyprincess
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Absolutely! My daughter has gotten the hairstyle with the crown (I forget the name of it) twice now. You get to keep the crown, make up, and nail polish. They sell them in the gift shop and they add up to close to $30. I also bring a costume from home. She could put on the dress during her breakfast and she will feel like such a princess. I had my daughters package at 10am one morning and the breakfast wasn't until the next morning and all was still well! In fact, they use so much hairspray the hairstyle stayed for days. She did take a bath and swim in the pools but she refused to wash her hair. This would be something so special for you two! Enjoy!

GottaLvDisney
03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I think your DD will absolutely love it and IMHO it's definitely worth the money. We took all four of our DDs (ages 3-8) when we went on 2007 & it was certainly a highlight in their trip.

We had our appt around 4pm and my girls hair was still fine the next day...

DANAM
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I think it's worth it but I would skip the nails. The first time we went my daughter did the nails and once I realized it was a thin coat of kiddie polish, we skipped it the next time. You couldn't even see it. They do give you the polish, so if you do go with that package it's still worth it because you can reapply as needed.
My daughter always looks a complete reck in the morning. So her hair didn't really last over night but with a little help I was able to make it look okay for the next day.