PDA

View Full Version : Still mixed feelings about Fantasmic

saunie
03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I really want to see the show, and yet wonder if we'll be able to get through the crowds. Do you think that the dinner package is the best solution?:confused:

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
We did the dinner ressie and didn't like it. Believe me, make a reservation for that night at a restaurant of your choice, then walk over to Beverly Hills (Next to Beauty and the Beast) and just enter and choose to sit where you feel like it. There is enough room for seven thousand folks, just like yourself. There is plenty of seating. They are doing Fantasmic fewer nights now, so just check your day and time. You'll be fine.:mickey:

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I know it has helped us in the past. We still showed up early for the show, though. Seating does go fast. Now that they no longer have a separate entrance for Fantasmic dinner package people, I'm not sure if getting the package makes as much sense. There's a wait to get in, and then you need to get seats.

And if you don't like crowds, it is worth it to leave a few minutes early toward the end of the show or to just sit, relax, and be resigned to getting out of the park later than the throngs. It's a mob scene exit at the end of the show. But it's a great show. It was worth it for us once or twice, but it's not something we do every time.

dream6
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I guess it also depends on when you go and historically what the crowds are like. We were there this past week and were able to get good seats 25 minutes before the show without any problem. But if you go when it's really busy it may be helpful so that you aren't waiting in an hour long line.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
We've done the package a couple of times, and it was nice, since we're rather impatient and hate waiting more than we have to.

However, we're not fans of any of the restaurants on the plan and aren't bothering with it anymore.

If you're going at a super-busy time, I would look into the package, otherwise, I would just be sure to show up well in advance, get some popcorn and wait for the show.

saunie
03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
We'll be there mid June, I assume that will be a pretty busy time.....

CaptSmee
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
If you can get one...I tried about 65 days prior to my arrivel date, none left at any restaurant at any time...I'm gonna just get in line over an hour early and take my chances!:(

Kim Possible
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
i never do that. i always just squeeze through...

dteed
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
heard bad things about dinner package, the one time we did it we just showed up 30 minutes prior we were able to get a seat, i do not remember what time of year it was though so that may be a problem for you, it was a good show but I have not felt the need to go back

brownie
03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
We always had good experiences with the dining package. I really didn't want to wait up to 2 hours to see Fantasmic! It sounds like there have been some issues with the dining package recently, so it may work just as well for you to forgo the package.

Through the looking Glass
03-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Dinner package works for us. Went once with out it, 45ms early and sat all the way in the back while the package seats were mostly empty. All ways got pretty good seats with the package arriving 20-30ms early.:fworks:

JPL
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Here is my theory on the package. If iam going to see Fantasmic I egt it. I know I am going to eat dinner and I like Hollywood & Vine so it's really a no brainer for me.

Imagineer1981
03-13-2009, 11:21 AM
I think it really depends on your schedule and how you stick to it. I've been to WDW so many times, that waiting an hour for the show is fine, but for many guests, that 1 hours is precious time that they have to spend going on rides or doing something else besides waiting forever to get in. So if you value your time, get the package, if you are more relaxed, then wait

Charlee
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
We've been in June the past two years and seen Fantasmic both times - we didn't do the Dining package. The first time we simply walked over 30 mins before it was due to start and got seats fine. The trip last year we arrived more than an hour before - we did this because we were tired and wanted to sit so we got some popcorn and just waited!

I know this year Fantasmic may be not be on as frequently but I will just arrive an hour before, get some popcorn, use the time to chat about our day, what we are doing tomorrow and text family and friends at home. An hour wait doesn't seem all too long in Disney!

CleveRocks
03-14-2009, 07:02 AM
We did the dinner ressie and didn't like it. Believe me, make a reservation for that night at a restaurant of your choice, then walk over to Beverly Hills (Next to Beauty and the Beast) and just enter and choose to sit where you feel like it. There is enough room for seven thousand folks, just like yourself. There is plenty of seating. They are doing Fantasmic fewer nights now, so just check your day and time. You'll be fine.:mickey:
I'm glad that you've had such an easy experience with Fantasmic seating, but this was not the case when I was there last month, and this was during Value season, a time when crowd levels are generally lower.

Or perhaps your experiences are from when Fantasmic showed every night or most nights, rather than the 2 or 3 nights it shows now.

When I was there on Monday, Feb. 9, even the cast members were recommending lining up 2 hours in advance. For the 7 p.m. show, it was standing room only by about 6 p.m. (the person I sat next to told me that announcement had been made to the crowd). I had the Dinner Package, so I got into the reserved seats off to the side. I got there at 6:15 and had no trouble finding a seat in that section. At precisely 6:30, the CMs took down the ropes separating the section, and it filled within 1-2 minutes.

disneyworld55925592
03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
We weretheir druing february break a year or two back. We simply walked in, sat down and had a great view

AXOAlum
03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Here is my theory on the package. If iam going to see Fantasmic I egt it. I know I am going to eat dinner and I like Hollywood & Vine so it's really a no brainer for me.

:ditto: This is exactly what we do and the same restaurant we choose. We have some picky folks, so having the buffet is the best choice for us.

chrisb26
03-14-2009, 03:07 PM
We'll be there mid June, I assume that will be a pretty busy time.....

By June I would think that they would be showing Fantasmic most nights they have already upped it to about 4 nights a week now which is nice. Also the second showing of Fantasmic is almost always less crowded then the first. I was there last week and the first showing had a completely full theater the second had seats left during the show.

ljv1975
03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
There's no longer a special entrance for dinner package people? What do you do now?

Stu29573
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
There's no longer a special entrance for dinner package people? What do you do now?

Yeah, i hadn't heard this either....

CleveRocks
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
You simply line up with everyone else. All one entrance.

When you get to the top (rear) of the theater, there is a podium off to the right of the main path. You present your Dinner Package voucher, they tear it in half and give half back to you, then you're pointed towards the roped off area.

THIS is why it's so iffy. If it's creeping up towards showtime and there's still a line, by the time you enter the theater it could be after the time they remove the rope separating the reserved section, and then there's nothing you can do.

saunie
03-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Gotta say that I'm happy that I didn't include the package in our ADR's.:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow:eyes: I don't think I like the changes. If you can't get in to take your seats unless you lineup with everyone else and there is a chance you won't get the special seats. Unless you lineup early then what is the point of getting the package?

dtootsie42
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow:eyes: I don't think I like the changes. If you can't get in to take your seats unless you lineup with everyone else and there is a chance you won't get the special seats. Unless you lineup early then what is the point of getting the package?

My sentiments exactly. Why get the package if you run a chance of not getting the special seats...to me that was a benefit to getting the package.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Stu29573
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM
I just made my ADR's and wasn't able to get the package. Since I tried right when they opened on the first day I was allowed to make ressies two things spring to mind:
1. Somebody is sure booking those packages.
2. I'm not all that choked up that I couldn't get one. :mickey:

CleveRocks
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
My sentiments exactly. Why get the package if you run a chance of not getting the special seats...to me that was a benefit to getting the package.

It's the difference between lining up 45 minutes in advance versus 90-120 minutes in advance.

I didn't wait in line. When I got there 45 minutes before showtime, I walked right in, but I was walking with hundreds of other people around me. We were not a line, just a bunch of people walking to the same place; we never had to stop.

When I got there, it had already been a standing-room-only crowd for about 15 minutes, but we got our reserved-section seats without any problem.

WVParkfan
03-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I really want to see the show, and yet wonder if we'll be able to get through the crowds.

Fantasmic is the most spectacular show in all of Disney. It combines everything (music, Mickey, princesses, fireworks, emotions) into one HUGE Disney punch.

Fantasmic is worth any crowd struggle you have to go through. With the reduction in nights they have it playing, I can see a day when Fantasmic is no longer there. You'll regret not seeing it.

So, do whatever it takes (fight the crowds, get there early and sit, or whatever). Fantasmic is the quintessential Disney experience.