PDA

View Full Version : Is Kona kid friendly?

hope23
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Is Kona at Poly for dinner very kid friendly? We also heard about watching Wishes from Poly's beach after dinner... do they allow non-Poly guests to do that? Thanks!

DisneyGlutton
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Kona isn't a particularly elegant restaurant, so I would say yes its kid friendly. Hopefully someone with kids can tell you for sure though, lol. Don't know about fireworks viewing at Poly, sorry.

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Kona is very kid friendly, yes, but 'Ohana is an even better choice for kids. They have kid activities at 'Ohana. You can watch Wishes at the Polynesian beach, and you might also want to try to catch the Electrical Water Pageant there at 9.

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Is Kona at Poly for dinner very kid friendly? We also heard about watching Wishes from Poly's beach after dinner... do they allow non-Poly guests to do that? Thanks!

I think you might like Ohana a little bit better. We had a lot of fun when we ate there. The Kona is like going to your local restaurant. For me, it is okay. As for the fireworks, we are going there to watch them after we dine at Cape May Cafe. I think you will be pleased with Ohana.:tasty:

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, Kona is very kid friendly. Always lots of them in there. Ohana has kids activities that Kona does not but both cater to kids.

Yes you can watch Wishes from the beach. Your best spot is near the pool area because the music is piped in there.

GoofyGirl18
03-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Kona is kid friendly, but there's nothing special about it. It's open to the lobby that you kinda feel like you're eating in the lobby. That's my opinion. As stated before, Ohana is much better.

mouseketeer mom
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
We like Kona for breakfast and dinner and we've been taking our kids there since they were little. Its true, Ohanas has kid activities and such, but Kona's is a great escape from the hoopla of the parks. It is open to the lobby, but for us, it makes the restaurant more interesting. The food is terrific, the bread and macadamia nut butter is fantastic at dinner, and there are always lots and lots of kids. Kona's is a not miss for us. And, yep, you can go downstairs after dinner, step outside and walk back to the beach for fireworks. Sounds like a great night to me!

GoofyMom09
03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
We really enjoyed Kona last time we ate there. It is a kid friendly restaurant, we brought my daughter there when she was 1 and everything was fine. Ohana would have activities for kids, but it is a much different dining experience. I think it is worth eating at them both:thumbsup: You can watch the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian even if you aren't a guest there. The water pageant is fun, too.

McGoofy
03-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Kona and Ohana's are two completely different dining experiences with the only common factor being that they are both at the Poly. My DS10 has enjoyed meals at both. In fact, he tells me that he likes Kona better because I don't make him get up and learn the hula like I did at Ohana's.;) Both dining experiences are kid friendly and well worth a try. I love them both.

As for the fireworks, yes, experience them from the beach of the Poly! You can even swing by the Tambu Lounge and ask for a drink to go if you want. I like the hammocks out there on the sandy beach.:lei:

j&j
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
yes they are kids friendly have great desserts for them and you.:mickey::mickey:

javamama
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
My 11/2 and 4 1/2 year olds were fine there last year, service was fast, food was very good(what our party had) no complaints, were going back again this year.