PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Questions

mona
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
What are the must see's and do's at Epcot. DH & I haven't been in many, many, many years. We are both late 40's, not big thrill ride seekers. Planning to dine at Marrakesh & Le Chef de France (are these good choices?) Would like to do a little drinking around the world too. Suggestions??

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
In Future World, I enjoy most everything. You may not be a fan of Test Track or Mission:Space if you prefer to avoid thrill rides, but Soarin' is mild and fun, and I wouldn't miss it.

In World Showcase, we love to visit every country for the shopping, adult beverages, restaurants, and some of the experiences, like the river ride through Mexico and the Maelstrom. You might try a Grey Goose slush in France, a frozen Fiesta margarita in Mexico, some wine tastings in Germany, Italy, or France, a pint at the UK.

We also like to sample food from each country by sharing snacks or counter service meals. I love Morocco's Tangierine Cafe, France's Boulangerie Patisserie, Japan's Yakitori House, Mexico's Cantina de San Angel, UK's Yorkshire Country Fish. Marrakesh and Chefs de France are both good restaurant choices. I love the atmosphere in France, and the escargot. I love the band and belly dancer at Marrakesh. Enjoy!

acetate
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
We love Epcot. We are both around 50. (Okay I'm 48 but my wife is the touchy one about age so I'll round off at 50 !) Anyway it's our favorite park. Any meal at the Coral Reef has been great for us. We both like the shops like Mouse Gear and the various countries. The landscaping and music are relaxing. Rides like Soaring and even Living with the Land are fun for us although on our last trip I braved Test Track and actually liked it except for the very last turn !
The place looks really neat at night too !

joonyer
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
What's not to miss at Epcot? The FOOD! :eat:

If you will be there several days, try as much of it as you can, table service and counter service. we like to enjoy places that serve things we can't get around home, so we like Teppan Edo in Japan, Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco, and Rose & Crown at UK.

But there's lots of choices for every palate. You can eat all around the world. YUM! :tasty:

WVParkfan
03-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Epcot has become our favorite park. There's something to do in every country, and the food is tremendous.

Soarin' is the best experience in Disney, and is very tame. You DON'T want to miss that. Innoventions East and West is pretty neat, no matter what your age is (our DD9 and DS15 both love Innoventions, as do my wife and I).

The magic of Epcot is that you never know what you'll discover around the next corner. You may be shopping in the Morocco Pavilion, and Aladdin may show up! You may be enjoying a beer in Germany when a "oompah" band arrives and starts playing.

And don't forget Illuminations. Excellent show. Enjoy Epcot... it may become your new favorite park, too.

Tigerinvestigator
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Like everyone said, don't miss anything in Future World if you can help it. Especially don't miss Soarin! Marrakesh is fantastic and is my DW's favorite place to eat at WDW. Don't care alot for French food but some love it. I would recommend Coral Reef, or San Angel Inn over Le Chefs.:thumbsup:

Don't miss the American Adventure if you haven't seen it before.

JavaDuck
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I really enjoyed Epcot, especially just taking about 3/4 of a day visiting each country's pavilion and checking out the exhibits.

I definitely recommend the Grey Goose lemon slush from France. It was quite tasty.

For a snack, I would say try some school bread from Norway as well.

Also take time to see the various entertainment acts they have in each country.

Enjoy your trip!

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
What are the must see's and do's at Epcot. DH & I haven't been in many, many, many years. We are both late 40's, not big thrill ride seekers. Planning to dine at Marrakesh & Le Chef de France (are these good choices?) Would like to do a little drinking around the world too. Suggestions??

EPCOT is the ultimate world's fair, showcasing a future where technology improves our lives and where dreams can come true. Future World greets you with the awe-inspiring, 180 ft-tall, geodesic sphere, known as Spaceship Earth. Future World Eash has Mission Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Universe of Energy. We don't do Mission Space (I was there the day it opened). Future World West has Soarin', a must do for everyone, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, which is pretty good.

The World Showcase provides a rich medley of sounds and sights for the stolling visitor. You may encounter acrobats, dancers,actors, and musicians.
A favorite is the Voices of Liberty at The American Adventure. They have brass bands in Germany. In the World Showcase East
you can cruise a river in Mexico, experience a maelstrom in Norway, see the wonders of China, and explore Italy.
World Showcase West: You have drummers in Japan, treasures in Morocco, see the sights in France, tour gardens in the United Kingdom, and explore Canada. Plus the Flower and Garden Show will be on going. Which is truly beautiful. You will have plenty to do. I hope I wasn't too long for you. If you have an more questions, please ask.

4ubie1
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
As many have recommend on here, eat anywhere you can and as often as you can. I would recommend trying each country at least once to find out your own preferences. (I wasn't too big into the French restaurants when i tried them but I am glad I gave it a go at least once!) I also enjoyed the Coral Reef restaurant but more for the atmosphere than the food. I also recommend skipping M:S if you are not into thrill rides. Test Track might also be one to avoid if you don't want to go fast or get tossed around. :drive: I think Soarin' will be ok and don't miss SE!:thumbsup:

magic4ever
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Marrakesh is great!! I was a little disappointed though because we thought the belly dancers would perform more often than they did? They were performing just as we were being seated and did not come back out the entire time of our dinner. (approx. 1 hr) It might be worth asking about before you make reservations in case you want to coordinate your dinner time with the entertainment. Food was wonderful though!! We enjoyed the show at Biergarten also...lots of laughs for all ages.

disneyworld55925592
03-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Epcots world showcase is very pretty at night. Its fun to sit out on a patio and have a snack or drink. The school bread is a great dessert in norway!

MOJoe
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
It may be easier to tell you the things you may not enjoy, as Epcot is full of mild adventures. If you want to skip Test Track and Mission Space, no one would disagree. But the other pavillions have some very good attractions.

The Living Seas has Nemo and Turtle Talk.
The Land has Soarin, Living with the Land and a nice Movie, The Circle of Life.
Imagination has Honey i Shrunk the Audience, a 3-D Movie, and Figment.
Universe of Energy has Ellen's Energy Adventure, a 45 minute ride.
And of course there is Space Ship Earth.
After all that, there is World Showcase, and all the eating and drinking involved there.
Epcot is a great place for adults. You are certain to find as much entertainment as you want here. :mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Not to misses at Epcot: EVERYTHING!
Seriously though, Spaceship Earth (our family's favorite ride in all of WDW) and Soarin' would be our not to misses.

kemps@wdw
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
As we get older, :old: we too find Epcot being our fave park. We enjoy taking a leisurely afternoon/evening stroll about the WS lagoon, and eating and drinking our way "around the World". We usually stop in Canada and catch an "Off Kilter" show , :pipes::drummer::rocker: and also grab a cold one : :cheers: a park bench, and check out "The British Invasion" in the UK. And the the perfect ending to a perfectly magical day is Illuminations!:thumbsup:

Crow
03-12-2009, 11:52 PM
in my 40s also. Epcot is where i spend most of my time
the countries are great. if a drinker, try the diff beverages in all the countries. I have favs in most.
depends on the food you like.
Marrakesh was a good meal a few trips ago. Les Chefs is hit or miss but had a good lunch last trip.
otherwise Tokyo Dining is great for sushi & service & sake.
San ANgel has great atmosphere, soso food.
Dont miss Spaceship Earth, Soarin, the countries for their atmoshere.

DisneyWFan
03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Don't Miss The Little Treasures Like Inoventions And SE

Celestria
03-13-2009, 09:14 AM
try the kim possible showcase thing. i've seen people in their 60's (i only know because they said they were, i didn't ask) do it and they said they had a good time. more than anything it's like a scavenger hunt.

Charlee
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm probably only going to reiterate everything that the PPs have said but Epcot is probably my favorite park and we always spend the most time in Epcot.

What we love about Epcot is how you can just wander around at your own pace, not rushing between rides but just strolling and taking in all the atmosphere.

We love spending time in each country in World Showcase, snacking, drinking, shopping and exploring. Each country has been presented with such detail that each time we go, we notice something new. Also a lot of people ignore the attractions in World Showcase, the 360 circle vision movies in China and Canada and the sit down movie in France but these are really enjoyable and worthwhile doing.

We also love to watch the street performers in each country, catch the British Invasion in the UK - we love this but we are all Beatles fans and Off Kilter in Canada.

I would say as other's have said Soarin' is a must and Spaceship Earth is always one of our family faves!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
WE like Soarin and Spaceship Earth and everything in the World Showcase....as for dining we thought Chefs De France was okay and although we loved the belly dancer and decor in Marrakesh, we did not like the food and I do like Middle Eastern Cuisine...I would try the CS version Tangerine Cafe instead as I heard it is really good.

Through the looking Glass
03-13-2009, 10:45 AM
You failed to mention when you are going. I have been there during the Food and Wine festival. If you are into the food and drinks that is the best time to go.

Luv Eeyore
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Gosh, Epcot is great! Really take in all the little details in each country. For me, any trip is not complete until I see the Fife and Drums in front of the American pavillion, then go inside to hear the Voices of Liberty.

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
There really isn't a lot we don't like at EPCOT. We spend a lot of time here even with little kids. Most of our time is spent in future world since the kids don't enjoy the country's as much due to age.
Our favorite thing is FOOD! We really look forward to all the choices we have.

Daisy'sMom
03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
We love Epcot, it is our favorite. I can honestly say there really isn't anything I would want to miss expect Mission Space (only because I felt very ill on and after the ride). If I had to pick a favorite, I don't think I could. A matter a fact, just thinking about makes me want to go tomorrow. I am going to talk DH into it when he gets home tonight. :mickey:

Keasmom
03-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I would not miss Le Cellier. Or Soarin', I like the entire Epcot complex and think it is worth taking the time to enjoy the Pavilions and then the world showcase. Illuminations is not to be missed, at least see it once and have a treat from the France pavilion.

j&j
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
soaing is a must ride. france is a nice place for a meal also rose and crown.:mickey::mickey:

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
As with everyone else don't miss the world showcase - and never underestimate the amount of time you'll need to spend their...and the room for food and drinks! However - not enough have said Spaceship Earth! If you get to the park early enough catch it right away - if not don't wait in line because after a few hours everyone moves further into the park and there isn't a line...plus its a great air conditioned afternoon break!
Also - after illuminations take time to catch the fountain show! It only last 5 min or so but it's spectacular and very romantic with the music going and the Epcot globe in the background! :cloud9:

pamickeys
03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
check the schedule for times but what we do is margaritas at Mexico, watch Mariachi Cobre, walk to Canada,LaBatts at the beer cart, watch Off Kilter, walk to United Kingdom,watch British invasion, then start the process all over again.when you want to eat Biergarten is always open , we've never made a res there and eat there anytime we want. China now has a great counter service menu. that takes you to Mexico ,and you can start all over again. Ride? who rides?

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
:mickey::mickey:so many nice rides and of course the fireworks. chef de france great choice maybe rose and crown.

disneykidsince1970
03-20-2009, 11:08 PM
... You might try a Grey Goose slush in France, a frozen Fiesta margarita in Mexico, some wine tastings in Germany, Italy, or France, a pint at the UK...

Grey Goose slush? Whoa - the best tidbit of advice I've read today. I've never heard of this but am very excited to partake!:marg:

Nikki:mickey:

LVT
03-21-2009, 09:51 AM

The Segway trial is for those greater than 16
and was fun.