PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans

tink179
03-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I booked our family vacation for Sept16-26th today for Port Orleans. It will be our first stay here, as we have always stayed at Pop Century and once at ASM. What can everyone tell me about it? We will be celebrating my 30th bday and my ds's 9th b-day. :mickey:

Buddy08
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Which Port Orleans are you staying at? We have stayed at both French Quarter and Riverside and French Quarter is smaller and more compact. There is more to do at Riverside but you can always walk over there from French Quarter. We prefer the smaller more compact resort.

CaptSmee
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I can tell you that it's big, sprawling, with lots of walking. I prefer POP over POR, but that's just my opinion. Lots of people like it there.

tink179
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I can tell you that it's big, sprawling, with lots of walking. I prefer POP over POR, but that's just my opinion. Lots of people like it there.

We love our POP too, but now with there being 5 of us, our youngest is now 3, we had to move up to that. :( We'll miss POP, I hope Port Orleans will be just as wonderful!

tink179
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Which Port Orleans are you staying at? We have stayed at both French Quarter and Riverside and French Quarter is smaller and more compact. There is more to do at Riverside but you can always walk over there from French Quarter. We prefer the smaller more compact resort.

We will be staying at Riverside, so I guess that's good if there's more to do. :mickey:

Amy_617
03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
POR is a BEAUTIFUL resort. My fav mod by far. The landscaping, boatride to DTD, quiet relaxing pool...everything about it is so peaceful. There is a carriage ride that you can take around the resort if that is something that interests you. It is extra of course, by you can make reservations for it. I'm sure you will have a great time! If walking distance is a problem for you, then you may want to request a room close to the food court. We staying in the Magnolia Bend section with the Gracious Manors, and it was breathtaking! We had a room in Partree Place, only about a 5 min walk to the Food cout, and a 2-3 min walk to the bus stop. Great location. Anyways, I'm sure you will be inpressed!! Have fun!! :mickey:

Amy_617
03-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I forgot to mention....look for Piano Bob...he plays in the lounge. Absolutely a great show to watch!!