PDA

View Full Version : Emh

Going2HeavenRU
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
When we were there in Sept 08, a new procedure was started for EMH. We had to show our room keys instead of getting the wrist bands. Is this still going on or did they go back to wrist bands?
I found it was better to have the wrist bands than have to wait for a CM to check everyone's individual room keys.

brewcrew26
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
As of Monday when we were in MK for EMH at night, they were still checking Key To the World cards.

I agree that the wristbands was a lot smoother. It seemed like there were a lot more people mulling around the parks and were then getting turned away at rides because they weren't staying at Disney hotels.

CaptSmee
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
They check room keys...when they feel like it...:(

pdrlkr
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Still the room keys. :thedolls:

Luv Eeyore
03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I bet it was probably a cost issue, but I really wish they'd go back to the wrist bands. Evening EMHs seem to be more crowded than the mornings, and I'd be willing to bet that more non-resort guests are partaking in the evening now making it worse.

dream6
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not a fan of the room key checking - which is what they are still doing. It really is inconvenient to keep pulling it out to show at the doorway to an attraction. The CM's never looked close enough to see whether I was holding a room key or a library card, which was frustrating. I heard from one CM that they switched the policy to be more "green," and they are just as frustrated with the new policy as we are. They got a lot of grief from guests telling them they are resort guests but that someone else in their party who was not with them currently had their keys. This may or may not be true but I felt bad for the CM's who had to put up with the arguing. One CM even turned to the other one and flat out said "I hate this. I really miss the days of wristbands." I think going "green" is a step in the right direction, but there has to be an easier way! Even if we all got stamps on our hands or something.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
When we were there last Sept the majority of the CMs were NOT checking our tickets to see if we were staying on site. And when they did it took to long to get through the line. There has to be a better way!