PDA

View Full Version : pogo needs as much Pixie Dust as you can spare.

pogo
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Dear friends...................

I know I haven't been spending much time here but I need some help.

Yesterday afternoon I received a frantic call from one of my dearest clients. She is a thirty two year old, single mother of a one year old baby girl. She told me she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. As I asked her more questions I learned that this is a very serious cancer for her, as it includes not only her breast, but lymph nodes as well and has been diagnosed as a Stage Three Breast Cancer. She is in for the fight of her life.

I'm processing her claim paperwork today and she'll receive a nice check from Aflac ( in about seven to ten days ) that will help her pay her mountain of bills that she will be getting.

I've also helped her by getting an appointment with Dr. Christopher Caldwell who is "the Breast Cancer Surgeon" here in the northeast. He also happens to be one of the doctors that Patti works for.

I am very scared for her at this stage and need all the prayers and pixie dust you all can muster. In your prayers you may refer to her as Jane Doe and the Lord will know who it's for.

Thanks in advance................ Oh........ one other favor.......... ladies.......... if you haven't been for a mammogram lately, please do it .

Special thanks to Blythe..........................:hug:

She called me about two minutes after I found out about this and I was still in shock ! Her love made it a little easier for me when I was really in need of a friend. Sorry to talk your ear off Blythe. I'm so glad you, Dan, Julia and Emma have come into my life.

VWL Mom
03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers. Sending lots of pixie dust her way.

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

offwego
03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Pogo, what a difficult time for your client. I'm sure your help and support will be a comfort to her.

Pixie dust on it's way for a recovery with the care she is getting.

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Prayers on the way.

MickeyMousse
03-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Here's some pixie dust :pixie:

And some hugs! :hug:

faline
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
More :pixie::pixie::pixie:

DisneyWhirled
03-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm praying already! Please let your friend know that she is thought of and have some very special prayers on her behalf.

laprana
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Sending lots of prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:!!

Dulcee
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
:magic: Lots of pixie dust your way. Breast cancer treatments have come a long way. Keep up the positive thinking.

Nascfan
03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Many prayers for her and her little girl. They both need all they can get.

princessgirls
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I will keep this woman and her precious baby in my prayers.

Thanks for getting the word out. The power of prayer should NEVER be underestimated!!

Julie:mickey:

murphy1
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I know she must be scared so bad right now (you know what I've been through), but she has to just believe it will get better. She is lucky and blessed to have you there :)

TinkerbellT421
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Prayers and pixie dust on the way! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: So scared and sad when I hear stories like this. Heres praying for a smooth recovery and that everything comes out ok. Keep us posted on her progress.

WDWFanatic
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I am and will pray for your friend EVERY day. As a recent survivor of breast cancer I will hope for the same outcome for your dear client. Please keep us updated.

hoop de do
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Sending your client the most powerful Pixie Dust and prayers. I'm glad she has excellent physicians. Keep us updated.

:tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

Jeff G
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Prayers and a bunch of :pixie: for your friend and her daughter.

Tom, she is lucky to have someone like you in her life who is willing to do so much to help her. You support will make the coming months much easier for her. Please continue to keep us updated and I'll keep her in my prayers.

RedSoxFan
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

pianobabe
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Prayer's going out to everyone involved.

Mammograms are so very important. I had my first one the day after I turned 35 (my birthday was on a Sunday that year). I was thinking last night about when I would have to schedule mine for next year (it's a BIG birthday).

Also, don't forget to do monthly self-breast exams.

mrsgaribaldi
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way. A good friend of mine survived breast ca with 17 lymph nodes. She had a bone marrow transplant and is doing great. Your friend I know can do the same:pixie::pixie::pixie:

pogo
03-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you all so much. :hug:

We have her scheduled for a meeting with Dr. Caldwell on Tuesday afternoon. He will help my client decide how to attack this cancer.

When I told her about all the prayers and pixie dust she was getting from complete strangers, she really smiled.

Keep it going. :thumbsup:

You guys are great. :D

Here we go again...
03-13-2009, 03:29 AM
Pogo,
I am sending my prayers and well wishes. My SIl sent me a message 2 days ago about a friend that was having an emergency double mastectomy asking for prayers for her.
She sent the same message... get a yearly mammogram. Is saved her friends life. She had a drastic life change but the cancer was confined and all was removed.

I am also sending my love and prayers for you. I know you are dealing with a few issues lately and though you are one of the strongest men I have met I know the prayers will help.

disneydrmr
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
:hug: hugs, prayers and pixie dust!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Prayers & Pixie Dust for your friend. I hope her prognosis is a good one!!:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

pogo
03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I just came from a meeting with my client and she has laid out her life plan with the help of her Doctors.

We are getting her scheduled for a double Mastectomy and a double reconstruction using implants. I think all the lymph nodes will be removed as well.

She will do Chemo and Radiation Therapy as needed and hopes to return to work as soon as possible after the surgery.

She is going to try to work during the chemo treatments, but I told her to take it as it comes.

I'll know more about when her surgery will take place, but we are trying to get her in ASAP.

We've talked and decided she will purchase a wig to wear during chemo. The cost is about $400.

Thanks for all your support, prayers and :pixie: for her. I'm afraid she will need all the help she can get to survive to see her little girl grow up.

One more time .......... if you have not scheduled your Mammogram yet..... please do so.

pogo
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I am also sending my love and prayers for you. I know you are dealing with a few issues lately and though you are one of the strongest men I have met I know the prayers will help.

Thank you Angel. I don't know how strong I am, but I will take all the love and prayers I can get.

Some things I've learned through the years.....

live each day as if it is your last.
get up each day with a smile on your face.
say "thank you Lord for giving me another day to enjoy this gift of life you have given me."
Tell everyone that you love, how special they are and hug them all !
if in doubt..... refer to # 1 ! :D

ElenitaB
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers for your friend, Tom.

Be sure to look at her insurance policy. Most of them do cover a wig (it's called a prothesis). I have a lovely one from the last time I lost my hair that didn't get much use and that was rather expensive. I'd be more than glad to pass it on if she'd like to be a brunette for a while.

Also, friends are great during this period, but there is absolutely nothing more valuable (besides faith) than the wisdom earned the hard way and support of those who are walking this road. Feel free to have her contact me regarding support groups, if she's interested.

LauraleeH
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I'll be praying for her and her baby girl :mickey:

pogo
03-24-2009, 07:42 AM
We have surgery all scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 EST. My client is scared but remarkably calm and knows she must do this to survive and make a life for her little girl.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words, prayers and :pixie: on her behalf.

Ellen..... Thank you for your help. I had already put her in touch with our local Gilda's Club but thanks for inviting her to contact you.

Her Aflac cancer policy will pay $250 towards her wig. Her health insurance does not have benefit for hair pieces.

Keep her in your prayers and keep sending her :pixie:

God bless...

pogo
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
The surgery went extremely well yesterday and my client is resting comfortably today.

There did not appear to be any cancer spread so we're hoping for an easy recovery. The plastic surgeon followed and started to do the rebuild.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks for the wonderful support.

jrkcr
03-26-2009, 11:56 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers!!

Your posts really made me think. Although my granny had breast cancer (mastectomy), I have never thought about getting a mammogram. I'm not yet 40, and just thought I'm not old enough to worry about it. But I guess age doesn't matter...

pogo
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Your posts really made me think. Although my granny had breast cancer (mastectomy), I have never thought about getting a mammogram. I'm not yet 40, and just thought I'm not old enough to worry about it. But I guess age doesn't matter...

I'm glad you are listening. If you have a family history of breast cancer, please do your screenings every year. It could save your life and I'd like that a lot. :hug:

I spoke with my client this morning and she is very upbeat and positive. This is very important. She is getting great support from our local Gilda's Club and many of the ladies there have taken her under their angel wings.

She will be starting Chemo in about two weeks so keep her in your prayers. :D

DizNee143
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
so glad to hear such great news!!! :thumbsup: