PDA

View Full Version : Need Contemporary Tips

DisneyCouture
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello Everyone!
On our next trip we will be staying @ the Contemporary and I was wondering if ppl who have stayed here before had any info. We have never stayed here before. I was hoping to get info if you like it, how are the restaurants, etc. Basically a review of your experiences. Anything would be helpful. Thanks! :mickey:

scootch713
03-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Contemporary is my favorite resort. After staying at the poly, I never dreamed that possible. Chef Mickey's is great character meal(especially dinner). On the 4th floor, you can go out and sit and watch the fireworks too.. they pipe in the music. Wish I could stay there again this year... ahhh.. you will love it.

antnyh
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Ahhh...the CR is great. We are going back after a 9 yr stay over at the Poly. They have updated the room since we have been there. I think that was completed in 2006? Anyway they'll be nice and fresh. The pool is being rehabbed and should be in great shape. It is just a very "magical" environment. Very unique with the monorail whisking through the 4th floor concourse. I hope you are staying in the tower. There's nothing wrong with the wing, but so much more involving for us in the tower. The ambient sound from Chef Mickey's is so nice. The views from the tower rooms are very nice. I can't say enough about the experience. You're going to love it!!! :mickey:

Crow
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
stayed at CR for the first time on my last trip in Sept. I thought it would be my last trip for awhile so wanted to try it. Had a standard Garden booked but they gave me the tower. It was great, w a computer, balcony w view of lake. Much better room than BC.
catch the monorail, walk to MK...
Ca Grill is a great place to eat. Ive eaten there a few times, great sushi, flatbread, wine,sake.

Chandlerella
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I would definitely plan on a fireworks viewing from the Contemporary for one night- you just can't get that view anywhere else. The only negative about the one time I stayed there was the noise from the restaurant (we were in the tower).

tinkgirl07
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
We were there at the end of Sept 08-Oct 08. It was our first stay at CR and we loved it. We were in the Tower on the club level so the noise was not really a factor for us since we were quite high. The hotel is not over the top disney-ed out, however I think this is one of the most magical restorts in the world. We had a MK view room and being up so high it felt like we were on top of the MK. Wishes was awesome to see from the balcony, I didn't realize how the fireworks were set off all around the park!

Then with the monorail going through the concourse you just felt like you were minutes away from the park. It was a longer ride since it is the first stop from MK you have to stop at Poly, GF and TTC to get to MK, and most times it was just faster to walk (depending on if it was just me, 24 and mom or if we had my sister 9 with us).

Having the computer in the room was great! My sister was able to spend some time on the disney site while the rest of us were getting ready. We had 3 adults and one child so the room was a little cramped, but they had nice closets to put stuff in and the a couch that we were able to put our suitcases on as well. The bathroom was nice with the sliding door, it helped cut down on the space, however it was not very sound proof...just ask my parents about the night where I :ack: after Cali Grill! They heard eeeeeeverything! And the sinks are a little weird, not much counter space. We put a towel in one with all our tolietries and just used one sink for teeth brushing, hand washing, etc.

I am so torn about where to choose to stay next time! I loooooove CR but I want to try the others too! Have a magical time and let me know if you need a nanny to come along to help you our :cloud9:

If you have any other questions just ask!