PDA

View Full Version : Narcoosee's question about little kids/toddlers

javamama
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
so I booked this months ago, well requested it back in October w/the Poly staff and we got it Ok fine. But now I'm second guessing myself, reason being is my two kids 5.5 and 2.5:( I'm thinking the night we have ADR's for this one that dh and I take the kids to 1900 and fare for the buffet instead--what do you think? I mean yeah dh and I would much rather eat at Narcoosee's, but my kids would rather have a character meal any day of the week kwim? Plus this way my parents can eat in peace--which theynever get annoyed w/my kids ever they always want to go out to eat w/them at home--dh and I never want to go to eat w/them besides they're favorite Choo-Choo resturant:ack: or Chili's since they eat well there and it's quick. So do think this is a good idea, it would be a surprise for my parents also--we'd meet after dinner was over--my parents aren't buffet people so I know they wouldn't mind a break either;)
TIA

LibertyTreeGal
03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Narcoosees is not child friendly. Is is darkened (if you go at night) and rather subdued.

Personally, I would not do it with kids that young unless you are prepared to sit outside with them should someone get cranky as it is just not a family place. And there are NO distractions, they will be supremely bored.

Dulcee
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
My parents always brought my younger sister and I to Narcoosee's when we were little. I have a picture of me chowing down on a whole lobster at 4 y.o. or so. Aside from A&Vs I wouldn't say any WDW restaurant is non-kid friendly, it really depends on your kids. If they're content with coloring books and crayons and other more subdued activities do Narcoosee's. We always (and at 22 I still do) enjoy the views and being able to take a brief walk on the outside patio there. If they're prone to get antsy and need to be mobile during a normal dinner seating go with the character buffett.

javamama
03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
My kids eat at great resturants/fancy steakhouse here since they were born, I would rather them be content and then that makes everyone else happy in the long run. We're taking them to the CG, LeCellier, Yatchman's, Kona Cafe, so I don't want to push it--kwim. If I can skip it I will. Thanks:mickey:

Dulcee
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
My kids eat at great resturants/fancy steakhouse here since they were born, I would rather them be content and then that makes everyone else happy in the long run. We're taking them to the CG, LeCellier, Yatchman's, Kona Cafe, so I don't want to push it--kwim. If I can skip it I will. Thanks:mickey:

Enjoy. I'd choose characters over candlelight atmospheres in disney too :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
03-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I think it would be a great surprize for your parents to have a quiet dinner and the rest of the family go to 1900 Park Fare...you can meet up later after dinner to explore the GF...we were lucky enough to be on the small shuttle boat during the electrical parade...
:pirate:

LibertyTreeGal
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Well, if they have been doing that sort of thing since they were beensie then that doubles my rec to do 1900 park Faire. Narcoosees is sublime, but you can enjoy such fare in any major city.

Mary Poppins, on the other hand......

TheDuckRocks
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
From a grandma's view, I would love to have an evening alone with my hubby during a week of sharing the magic with the grandkids. Don't get me wrong as I can't think of anything I love more than being with mine and at WDW it's the absolute best, but Narcoosee's is a special place to share some alone time with the one you have loved the longest.
1900 Park Fare is fun for kids with the step sisters and the food is good for the adults.
If you do take the kids with you don't worry about them being disruptive as no child could have been worse than the very very loud, very very drunk bride who was also very very pregnant the last time we were there.

javamama
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone, you confirmed what I think is a much better decision to do w/the kiddos. Now I need to call the Poly folks to make some changes:-o hopefully, I didn't book Narcoosee on a Friday/Saturday I know I booked an early dinner w/the kids at least 5-6pm so that maybe a good thing, to try to get 1900 at an early time I hope:gulp:

javamama
03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Whew...they booked it for me, no problem. They Poly folks agreed like everyone here, switch it and make the muppets happier. Thanks again everyone!