PDA

View Full Version : June,july,august- Ap Rates???

brianjdu4
03-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know if Disney will offer AP rates during these summer months? I'm concerned that the current 4+3 special could eliminate the summer AP rates.

KylesMom
03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
That was my concern as well, so I'm booked under the 4/3 right now. From what's been said, the A/P rates that have been released through 6/6 are not as good as the 4/3 rates. I guess we'll have to see - but honestly, I'm not counting on seeing many other discounts in the June/July timeframe.

brianjdu4
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Are you an AP holder? Why can't AP holders get a discount? It seems Disney is cancelling us out.

VWL Mom
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I had gotten a mailing for AP summer discounts but they end on June 6 and don't start again on Aug 23rd.

CanadianWDWFan
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Right now we are waiting for the rates to come out as well. We have a good AAA rate at CSR, but we will always take a better one! :D

We haven't always been successful in getting the AP rates for our trip times. So here's for hoping for AP rates at the end of August. :fingers:

KylesMom
03-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Are you an AP holder? Why can't AP holders get a discount? It seems Disney is cancelling us out.
Actually, we've been A/P holders since 2002 - which is saying alot since we only visit once per year. To explain, we get two trips out of our A/P - the first trip is taken in July, and the second trip is taken in June of the following year.

Last year was the first time in several that we were able to take advantage of A/P rates at our select resort. Prior to that, we seemed to be "locked out" of the resorts of our choice. We ended up booking with a AAA rate for 3 years (for our summertime 2005, 2006, 2007 dates) once travel picked up during the post 9-1-1 era.

While my family and I can hope that they'll throw some attractive A/P rates out there for the 2009 summer time period, I'm not holding my breath. Why would they need to if rooms are booked to capacity on the 4/3 deal? Let's hope they don't forget their loyal customers - but since they just raised the price of the DDE . . .

Brian, I so wish that you, Jenn & the boys were going in June this year!!!!!

CanadianWDWFan
03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Let's hope they don't forget their loyal customers - but since they just raised the price of the DDE . . .

Brian, I so wish that you, Jenn & the boys were going in June this year!!!!!
Hi Carol, June is just not in our cards this year. First thing is our kids don't get out until the end of June and second, we do the same as you with the timing of the trips. We are going in August this year so we can go again in July next year.

AP rates seem to be getting fewer and far between. They surely are releasing fewer rooms at the AP rates and not at the best times.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but what is is about the DDE price increase?!? It kind of bugs me that I have to pay to get a discount. We might just use our DVC card for the discounts instead.

KylesMom
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but what is is about the DDE price increase?!? It kind of bugs me that I have to pay to get a discount. We might just use our DVC card for the discounts instead.

While checking out the A/P site the other day, I realized that they had increased the DDE from $60 for A/P holders to $75 effective 3/1. Jason confirmed this in the March News section. And not that we'll be eating here anytime soon, they also raised the built-in automatic gratuity for Victoria & Alberts to 20% instead of 18%.

Looking at the "big picture", I guess $15 isn't a big deal, it will just take one more meal to "pay" for the membership itself before we see actual savings. I guess it's the principal of the matter and the fact that they continue to raise prices to their loyal and repeat customers when they're clearly making money off of us year over year . . .

brianjdu4
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I think you're confusing me with another 'Brian". Anyway, I was just at WDW 2 weeks ago and renewed my "Tables in Wonderland" card for the $60. I got lucky before they raised the prices. I don't like the trend that the AP holders are getting locked out by other special promotions. I will be visiting POFQ in June and returning a month later at one of the deluxe resorts, assuming they will offer AP rates after mid-July.

KylesMom
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I think you're confusing me with another 'Brian". Nope, it was to "the other Brian - aka "CanadianWDWFan" that I was addressing . . . sorry, I should have clarified that! I had the pleasure of meeting their family a number of years ago at Garden Grill!

Back on topic, we got lucky last July (later in the month during "Value Season") & got A/P rates for W/L Courtyard view for an average of $205/night. Usually we would just go with a base room, but the A/P courtyard view was cheaper than the AAA rate. This year, we're paying a total of $226 more for our standard view room which includes 6-one day base tix. So while the 4/3 is actually better than the A/P rate we received last year (minus the view), I'd still like to see Disney offer deals to their loyal customers - without having to purchase base tix, etc.

McGoofy
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I too agree that AP rates are getting scarce. Our family has been passholders since 2003. We broke it down dollar by dollar and figured if you can get at least 10 days out of your pass then you have broken even as far as tickets go. The other sweet attraction to purchasing AP's was the deep discounts that they would give on room rates. Not too long ago, there were offers for as low as $49/night on value rooms and $79/night for moderates. You just aren't seeing that anymore. We broke down and purchased DVC last year, so it has been a year now since I have needed to use cash for a room. However, this past weekend, I took a last minute trip down to WDW. The night before I left, I tried to get a value room with an AP discount. This is when I learned that they no longer give AP discounts on weekend stays, just Sunday-Thursday nights. That was new news to me. They had value rooms available but for the rack rate of $135/night. This seems like a very steep price for a value resort. This was for the very next night, so it seems to me that odds are that available room sat empty. I turned down a room at WDW and instead chose to stay at Hampton Inn for $75/night. So because they wouldn't give an AP discount, Disney made $0.00 off of me while another hotel made $150 over the course of two days. It is sad that Disney is getting greedy over the room rates. I understand they need to make money too, but it just seems smarter to let the room go for a cheaper rate to their loyal customers than to have it sit empty and make nothing. Sadly, the AP discounts keep getting slimmer and slimmer. To answer the OP, I think there will be some summer discounts, but I would be willing to bet that they will be very limited.

brianjdu4
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
So the question I guess remains unanswered for the time being. Someone has got to have some insider information on summer AP rates.

KylesMom
03-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Last year, they released A/P rates beginning with stays on July 20th on or around May 7th of '08 . . . so I'd venture you have a few months to go before they would announce A/P discounts for July.

brianjdu4
03-12-2009, 07:35 AM
I can live with waiting until May for AP releases. I'm just concerned there won't be any at all this summer. If I'm right in thnking this, then where's the fairness for the AP holder? You mean I might be stuck with AP discounts during odd times of the year?