PDA

View Full Version : Location, location, location

BriarRose
03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Have you ever stayed at a resort one time and LOVED it, only to have a bad stay the next time because of the location? I have run into this with POR, CBR and AKL.

With POR, we loved our first stay there. It was beautiful, with rose bushes right outside our room (mansion side). The next time we were also on the mansion side, but we had a parking lot outside our door. Not so nice

With CBR, we had a not so nice location (I forget where-I) the first time, but decided to try it a second time (got Jamaica) and didn't want to leave.

The first time we stayed at AKL, we had a Deluxe Savannah view and LOVED it. The second time we opted for a standard view to save money, and basically had a view of where the animals must go to relieve themselves (horrible). Also had to walk forever to get to and from the room.

Anyone else have this experience?

jonahbear2006
03-12-2009, 02:40 AM
yes, at fort wilderness. it was a camp site though. the first time we were right next to the bus stop and it was a great site. 2nd time we couldnt be farther from the bus stop and it was on the end, I hate those sites. It was constantly frustrating. What made it worse, all the other sites were empty; like thought did NOT go into checking us in. They could see we have 4 small walkers with us.
We stayed at bc after that and now im afraid i wont ever be happy at another disney resort so we are staying at POR out of lack of funds to be able to stay 2 wks at BC. I hope its ok for us, but my stomach is turning somersaults worrying about it.

VWL Mom
03-12-2009, 07:54 AM
We've been pretty fortunate with our room locations which is surprising since we normally arrive at night. Our first time at VWL though we were put in a room near the dumpsters. Do you know they pick up trash at 430A....every morning? We still had a great trip and looked at it as an added bonus of getting an early start each day! (Not so easy with teens)

Luv Eeyore
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Yes- our first stay at POFQ was fine, but the last, not even close. The bed was unsleepable. There was a huge sag in the middle. We were afraid the mattress would fall thru to the floor. We did let the front desk know, but don't know why we'd have to. The sag was so pronounced you could see it just by looking, and there is no way mousekeeping could not see it too.

disneycharm
03-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes. The first time at POR (06) was wonderful. We had an upper floor (two windows) on the Mansion side overlooking the river. The second time (08) however was not so nice. The room looked shaby and we were on the ground floor with bushes totally blocking the view of the small pool (and we paid for a waterveiw). This is the reason (among others) we are going to try CSR for the first time at the end of August. Heard some great reports about this resort and the photos look amazing! Can't wait!!:mickey:

MistressGracey999
03-13-2009, 03:16 PM
We are hardcore Pop Century fans, so I can only weigh in on this resort.

Our first stay there we did not opt for the preferred room, and we were in the 50's section. I took 10 minutes each way to walk to the Food Court, arcade, and main pool. That might not be too bad at another resort, but at a WDW resort, the last thing you need is more walking. Ever since, we have paid the few extra bucks and gotten a room in the 60's. Best room ever was in '07. It was a ground floor room in the 60's, but NOT facing the pool. We would leave our room, round a corner and then we were at the pool. We were as close as you could be without actually facing the pool. It was super! Of course, I forgot to write the room number down, so I can't request it specifically, but I do always ask for a ground floor preferred.