PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Offer ???'s

Breochaid
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I apologize if this has been asked before, I tried searching Intercot for the answer but came up empty handed. I have never received this mysterious pin that others talk about for free dining or for any other offer for that matter. Could it be something that I am just overlooking or is it something I would unlikely miss? Is the free dining offer only available to those who would be getting a whole package or can you use it when you are using DVC points to get your room and are buying your park hopper independently (not through a travel agent)? TIA and :rocks:

Strmchsr
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
To get pin code offers you have to be registered on the Walt Disney World website. Other than that it's totally random.

I'm not 100% sure about the dining offer used in conjunction with the DVC. I think I have seen others discuss that it is possible, but I'm not totally sure on that. Hopefully someone will update you soon on that end.

azcavalier
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
We are DVC members but usually use Magical Journeys to book the trips and get the free dining offers. It is our understanding that in order to get free dining, there are a certain number of rooms available from various resorts, and you have to pay full price at those resorts to qualify. However, since it's the "value" season anyway, the full price rooms aren't too bad. And the free DDP is worth it. We figure that for our family of 5, if we stay ten days, the free dining is worth over $1000, easy.

So, short answer is, no, you cannot use your DVC points AND qualify for free dining.

motherof4
03-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I was wondering about the same thing last aug we booked a trip for 10 days thru magical journeys and the ddp was free. this year we went right thru disney and just got a room I hope if they announce it I will be eligible for it. does anyone know if we will still get the free ddp?