PDA

View Full Version : Microwave questions

AXOAlum
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
This sort of crosses a couple of topics, so I figured I'd post it here & see if anyone can help!

DS6, DD1, and myself are all vegetarians. I don't want the kids stuck on cheese pizza or mac & cheese all week, and would like to bring some quick meals with us (like the pick-up ravioli for DD and a veggie-dog for DS). Do any of the theme parks have microwaves available for use by guests?

Also, we have a travel size microwave (we use it in our small travel trailer) - are we allowed to use that in our room at Pop?

Thanks for the help - just 9 days to go! :mickey:

iDisney
03-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't recall seeing any microwaves anywhere, but I wasn't really paying attention. Maybe they might have them in the POP's food court, but I don't recall.

As for bringing your own, again I am not certian. I know they don't allow you to have hot plates, toasters, and the like in the rooms. But a microwave doesn't fit into that category of appliance. Surely they aren't that big of a safety issue. Hopefully someone with some more solid information will come along.

Have a great trip! Wish I was going!

joonyer
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I have heard and read (here on Intercot) that Disney has a policy against allowing guest to bring electrical "appliances" into their rooms. But I have not ever seen that policy published in writing by Disney (It may be in the fine print somewhere).

That policy makes sense as it would apply to hot plates, toaster ovens and such (risk of fire). But I will bet that no one has ever been reported for or prohibited from bringing their own hair dryer (my wife brings hers on every trip). Most hair dryers use just as much electricity as hot plates and toaster ovens and microwave ovens (1500 watts). They can get very hot and if left running close to paper or cloth, they can start a fire.

On top of that, a microwave oven doesn't actually generate any heat itself (only the food gets hot). Nevertheless, you might get told you can't have a microwave in your room. I would check with guest services first.

As far as microwaves in the parks, I have never seen any place that had them available for guests to use. You probably should not count on that option. But most Disney eateries (TS or CS) will do their best to accommodate all kinds of special dietary requests, especially vegetarian.

Magic Smiles
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I think I remember seeing a microwave in the food court at th POFQ. Maybe you could call the POP directly and ask them your questions.