PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly Hotels in or Near Disney

jennsky
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a friend who is traveling to Disney with her family and family dog. The poor dog is 13 years old and can't be left at home or at a kennel. Does anyone have recommendations as to where they should stay? They are going in July. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

medic9016
03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Search yahoo or google for petfriendly or petfriendlyhotels. The is several websites that give you the hotels that are pet friendly.

MNNHFLTX
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Here is a recent thread with a couple of suggestions:

Pets allowed (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147489&highlight=pet+friendly)

You didn't mention how large the dog was. I know that La Quinta allows pets up to 25 lbs.

No resort within Disney World allows dogs except the Fort Wilderness campground at specific camp sites. Even then the dog cannot be left alone at the campsite. Of course, Disney has onsite kennels that do day or overnight care, but that doesn't sound like an option for your friend.

I feel for their situation, but wonder if they've considered a petsitter to come into their home while they're gone? For a senior dog, I would think it would be more stressful to be left alone in a strange environment for long periods of time. Also keep in mind that hotels do have policies about whether pets can be left alone (or if they are they are sometimes required to be crated) and what repercussions there might be if the dog continuously barks while their owners are gone, or damages the room. We have two black lab mixes (one an old guy) and we have a petsitter come to our house. This way the dogs are at least in their own environment. Just something to think about. :)

PETE FROM NYC
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I remember something about the Purina dog food company has a list of pet friendly places on their website.