PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland Member Price Increase

KylesMom
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
While perusing the passholder website, I noted that the TiW Membership has gone from $60 to $75 for Passholders, and after a bit more digging, realized that they've upped the price to $100 for Florida Residents. An additional spouse card will now be $50. Had anyone heard about this? I just received an e-mail from "Disney Dining Experience" on March 6th, and they didn't mention a thing about a recent price increase. :( They also upped the included tip amount from 18% to 20% at V&A's.

VWL Mom
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
That's the first I'm hearing of this too. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

jcvalenti
03-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Another bad move by Disney ... increasing prices and larger forced tips for increasingly mediocre food and homogenized "DDP" menus.

I can't believe how bad the dining is getting in just a few short years. Guess we'll have to wait for them to wonder why attendance and satisfaction is plummeting before they begin to reemphasize quality and value.

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
That would be an incredibly classless move.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all. Their panick bad economy protocol is to attempt to lower the boom on those who continue to patronize them and....in this case.....exploit those who are their most loyal and dedicated customers (because they are the most loyal and dedicated customers....so they think they're playing with house money)

Bad Show indeed......Walt's spinning if this is true...:ack:

Figment!
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Had anyone heard about this? Yes, Tables in Wonderland has a price increase effective March 1, 2009.

From Tidbits March 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150917)
Bringing More (Cost) to the Table

3/10/09 Membership costs for the Tables in Wonderland dining discount program have increased as of March 1, 2009. The cost of an annual membership is now $75 for passholders and $100 for Florida residents. Florida resident membership renewal is now $90. A spouse or partner membership is now $50 for passholders and Florida residents.

lockedoutlogic
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, Tables in Wonderland has a price increase effective March 1, 2009.

From Tidbits March 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150917)

you know what's funny?

That when things go south in the economy....which for things like travel spending....they certainly are....

then THAT's when there are across the board increases for everything....
They place the burden of diminishing revenue on their most loyal customers.....the backbone of the business....

and chumps....like me.....go along with it. We're all stupid

DizneyRox
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I usually opt for the DDE when we go, but I think I'm passing this year. It will be nice to have control over the tip. I think there's going to be less eligible TS restaurants this trip so making up the cost of the program will be tougher.

We'll see, working on ADRs now, so we'll know shortly.

artyboy
03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
We got ours in December...and I'm glad we did.

I don't know if I would have gotten them at the higher price, although we do feel that they pay for themselves after 1 or 2 meals.

KylesMom
03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Ours doesn't expire until our next trip is complete, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on our total savings this next time around. With regard to service, with the exception of WC, we actually received better service this time around than the last few trips with our DDE card & the inclusion of the tip. However, it still irks me that they've chosen this particular time with the poor economy to pass on rate hikes for the card. Especially since they're already making a $4 premium on the buffets & family style restaurants during the spring and summer.

Figment!
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
**Moderator Note**

To avoid the confusion, comments and posts pertaining to special dining events have been moved to a new thread.

The new thread may be found here:

Special Dining Events (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=151497)

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, first we have heard about this!
We usually time our trips so we can get 2 uses out of this and our APs, but as the price goes up it really pushes the "break even" point out there a lot.
Our card will still be good for our June trip, but we will definitely have to crunch the numbers before deciding to do it again in the future. :(