PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal with Caseys?

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-09-2009, 11:34 AM
We've never eaten there, not even entirely sure I know where it is, but it's constantly showing up as a favorite on Intercot. Hot dogs, right? Is it the place at the back of the emporium where kids sit on bleachers and watch cartoons?

Why is it one of your favorites? I feel like I'm missing out on some fabulous Disney secret. :confused:

joanna71985
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
We've never eaten there, not even entirely sure I know where it is, but it's constantly showing up as a favorite on Intercot. Hot dogs, right? Is it the place at the back of the emporium where kids sit on bleachers and watch cartoons?

Why is it one of your favorites? I feel like I'm missing out on some fabulous Disney secret. :confused:

Casey's is located on the far end of the Emporium (the place that shows the movies, by the bleachers). It serves hot dogs, fries, and corndog nuggets. The hot dogs are really good!

disneymom15
03-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Yes, that's the place. We usually eat there once per trip. We're not big hot dog eaters but I guess it's just "park food". I really like the mini corn dogs.

scottgr
03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
My daughter love there hotdogs. They always get them for a lunch one day or a late night snack.:thumbsup:

Tinkgirl28
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah its at the end of the emporium. Its the best Hot dog place in the park. My Hubby and i can eat there for less than 15 bucks. Its really reasonable for your money. So thats why its such a big deal to alot of people. Oh and yeah there hot dogs are really good.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
It really is just hot dogs, and fries and things. There's a fixins bar and the hot dogs are really good. I don't think there's anything really special other than that it's a fun food and brings on good memories of being on Main Street.

We didn't try any of the counter service places in Disney for years. All of our dining was table service. And then finally, we decided to mix it up a little and we fell in love with Casey's and Pecos Bill and some of the other quick service places. It just adds to the fun to eat there now for us, even though we still love table service. We do both. The dining plan works out well for us.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
The dogs are fantastic. We like to sit outside, watch the people, and listen to the piano player. It's nice to just relax for a short time.

Belster
03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok I was secretly wondering the same thing. I took a look at the menu and wondered...hmmmmm...hotdogs. I am from Chicago and feel that it would be hard to top that in Florida. I guess I will give it a try.

jcvalenti
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
mediocre hot dogs, IMHO, but fun. We usually get Casey's and some Ice Cream Sundaes for our group while posting up to save a spot for the parade at night.

prttynpnk
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
My husband thinks it'as nothign special, but I really like it!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't normally care for hot dogs, and hide them in catsup to disguise the flavor. But the dw assured me I would like these, and we have always stopped at least once during each of our trips the last 12 years. I don't even have catsup!

Seasonscraps
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
The dogs are fantastic. We like to sit outside, watch the people, and listen to the piano player. It's nice to just relax for a short time.

ITA!! :mickey:

Crow
03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I wonder also...
it is where they say above, right on main st so busy. the few times i eat at MK, ive gone w Pecos Bills since it had burgers, pork sand etc w a fixins bar & hasnt seemed as busy.
there is a piano player outside Caseys though & you have a view of the castle.......
im not a big hot dog person though

vicster
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I find Casey's just so-so. They certainly don't top Chicago style hot dogs.

mudpuppysmom
03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
For us it's classic Disney and we do eat there about once per trip (sometimes though we don't at all :(

How we got started there was DS was "STARVINGGGGGGGGG" and it was right there, so I went in and got corn dog nuggets.....I will say they are pretty good! Now we get some corn dog nuggets, fries and a drink and sit outside and listen to the piano man playing and people watch -- and also watch the ducks mooch food off people (who should not be feeding them in the first place.....but I digress on that one!).

It's just a fun laid back place!

DisneyPrincess21
03-09-2009, 02:56 PM

I dunno, Maybe because there isn't as many counter service places in mk as in other parks. Maybe some people just really like hot dogs.
I personally like their corndog nuggets and can't find them at home. So I enjoy getting them there. It's a nice snack to have during Spectromagic

ElenitaB
03-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I find Casey's just so-so. They certainly don't top Chicago style hot dogs.
Or a New York style hot dog either (and I love both Chicago and NY dogs).

DisneyPrincess21, don't know where you live but if you have a Nathan's nearby, they have corn dog nuggets on their kid's meal menu.

Aggie97
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
We like the corn dog nuggets, and the nostalgic atmosphere on Main Street is a plus. :mickey:

JPL
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
The hot dogs are average IMHO but you can't beat the location and atmosphere :cloud9: :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Casey's is a favourite of our family. The hot dogs are yummy, we love the cheese sauce for the dogs and fries, and the brownies are super-yummy.

DH loves it because he loves the sports theme, and watching the cartoons on the bleachers while we eat, and I love it because it is always our first Disney meal, so I know I'm at MK when I see the castle and have Casey's.

joonyer
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
First, it helps a lot if you like hot dogs. Sure, If you live in any medium to large city, and you love hot dogs, you already know where to find a better local hot dog stand than Casey's, but remember:

You're in the Magic kingdom,
on Main Street USA,
and there ain't nothing more American,
than enjoying the most fabulous fireworks show in the world,
in the most magical place on earth,
while munching down on a big 'ol Casey's Corner hot dog with your favorite fixin's.

Do you get the picture?

Outside of WDW, Casey's might be just another run of the mill hot dog stand. (but so would almost every other restaurant in the Disney parks).

But inside the MK, it's great.
Walt enivisioned Main Street as the essence of America, and what would Main Street USA be without Casey's Corner hot dogs?

Downright UN-American, that's what.

Disney Doll
03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
The hot dogs are average IMHO but you can't beat the location and atmosphere :cloud9: :thumbsup:

Totally agreed!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I know we are in the minority, but we thought the hot dogs were not all that great, average at best....

jillluvsdisney
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think the hot dogs are anything special either.I think the hot gods at Culvers are better. What Casey's has going for it is it's the only place to get CS food in the Main Street area. This is an important fact to know if you are waiting for a parade.

Septbride2002
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM
We love it because the hot dogs taste just like the ones you get here in St. Louis at Busch Stadium and that makes me very nostaglic. Plus I love the fixin bar and the fact that my husband, myself, and small kiddo can eat there for under $20.00 is a huge perk and we are FULL when we leave. I love sitting at Casey's - it is just a great spot to sit outside and watch people or watch the parade and you can nibble while you do it.

Casey's is a must do for us on every trip. Meanwhile people rave about Peco Bill' and I never felt more jipped in my life! ;)

~Amanda

PetefromRI
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
It's just kind of a tradition for us.The hotdogs are good and it's comfortable in the back watching the cartoons.I don't think that the food is better here than any other QS place,just a tradition.

stitchaholic
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
i like the locations and the corn dog nuggets,the brownies are great too!

Natazu
03-11-2009, 03:18 AM
One word: corn dog nuggets and all you can eat dipping cheese

LibertyTreeGal
03-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I love a good hot dog -- in fact, I frequent our local Costco for lunch just because I can't get enough kosher dogs.

We always do Caseys. yes, there are better dogs out there, but not with the pixie dust :pixie:

dixielandings
03-11-2009, 08:28 AM
For me, it's corn dog nuggets and fries and cheese sauce (oh my!). And the fact that there's virtually always an open parlor table outside and it's one of the nicest places to just sit and BE. It's also possible for DH to eat small and cheap there and be satisfied.

princessjojo
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Sure they aren't going to knock me off my feet. I've had better hot dogs at ball parks. But they're good and there's something comforting and easy about hotdogs and their simplicity. The kids and I eat there every trip and DH who doesn't eat ANYONE's hotdogs always asks if that's the day we eat there when we go to MK, though he gets food elsewhere. And sure, their location has a lot to do with it as well. Last year we actually parked our rears there and stayed long enough to watch the parade from our corner table.

Casey's is just a whole package experience. If something about the place was missing, it just wouldn't be the same.

javamama
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Ok I was secretly wondering the same thing. I took a look at the menu and wondered...hmmmmm...hotdogs. I am from Chicago and feel that it would be hard to top that in Florida. I guess I will give it a try.

Ditto nothing beats a Chicago dog, we tried it once it was OK. The line was HUGE!!!

Hull-onian
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
We love Caseys. Their hotdogs are really good.:thumbsup:

artyboy
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
mini corn dogs...'nuff said...perfect park food

dtootsie42
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Going to Casey's is a family tradition for us. We enjoy the hot dogs and the cheese sauce for the fries. I'm sure there are better hot dogs at other places but there is just something about sitting in the park and enjoying a hot dog for a quick and simple lunch or a long lunch if you sit out at one of the tables and people watch.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Kisobel
03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
i don't get it either. i had a hot dog last trip. it was a hot dog. i've had better and worse.

kate

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM

Not even in the same class as a good Chicago style hotdog. ;)

And over the yrs I have found some of the most indifferent CMs in all of WDW @ Casey's. :(