PDA

View Full Version : It's official - we got it!

llamaface
03-09-2009, 08:42 AM
We were originally booked at POR in May and decided we wanted to change to the Grand Floridian for something new. However, when we checked online, it was not being offered w/ the 4/3. It's amazing how the availability changes day to day. So we booked at the Poly instead. We love it there, but we really wanted to do something we have never done before. As luck would have it, I checked yesterday and the Grand came up again, so we called and we are booked!! I have to admit though, that as my hubby was on hold, I told him not to do it - I had this overwhelming fear of "what happens if we hate it", but he wouldn't hear of it. I'm glad he didn't - I am looking forward to it - my kids are looking forward to it even more :)
PS - thanks Tammi for your answers to my questions

MNNHFLTX
03-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Excellent news! This is why it pays to check back frequently on availability at a particular resort, even with a discount.:thumbsup:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I had this overwhelming fear of "what happens if we hate it", but he wouldn't hear of it.Hate The Grand Floridian??? Impossible.

llamaface
03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Hate The Grand Floridian??? Impossible.
I know- you're right. I was just having an "afraid to try something new" moment. Trust me - the moment is now gone. I am bouncing off the walls and cannot wait for May!!

SBETigg
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh, yay! I hope you love it. We do. It's my husband's and my favorite resort. Our kids prefer the Polynesian (but they love the GF, too).

llamaface
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Our kids prefer the Polynesian (but they love the GF, too).

My 8 yr old son is actually the one who initiated the whole "Let's stay at the GFlo" thing - go figure..............:scratch:

Mfarquar
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Your kid's got good taste! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Glad I could help and I hope you love it as much as the Poly.

threeh
03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Love the name, llamaface!!
Have a wonderful trip!!! Enjoy and take lots of pictures for us!!!:mickey:

cinderellagrl
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
we love the Grand Flo.... I love the grounds, the pool, the beach, and the pool bar!

We also LOVE the dinning options!
Narcooses is excellent for sea food (although they typically have a chicken and a red meat dish), especially around Wishes time!

Citricos is great for an "up-scale" dinner! We love the dedication of the waitstaff and choosing things off the menu typically not offered at many places!

Grand Flo Cafe = Great for Breakfast!
When we stay here we typically eat breakfast here every morning! They have a stuffed french toast option that is very similar to that served at Kona Cafe that is pure bliss!

Another great thing about these eateries is that you can typically get a table with only a few days in advance notice....

we have been going on shorter/ last minute trips lately and have been able to easily book Citricos and GFC only two or three days before eating there!
I'm sure you will enjoy your stay!

DawsonAR
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
For our May trip, I wanted the Poly but it wasn't avaliable. We booked GF instead. I have time and time again started to call and see if Poly was avaliable yet, but haven't. We love the Poly and are scared of change. I'm sure we will love it.....but.......the unknown scares me....the Poly was our dream location.

mickeefan
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
We just stayed there for the first time in December. We had tried the Poly on a bounceback but nothing available so we went with the GF.
It was a great trip and we really enjoyed it there. We loved eating at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Everything there was very good. We are still partial to the Poly and going back there in September.