PDA

View Full Version : Hoop de Doo or Spirit of Aloha?

junedis
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I'd like to try a dinner show with our family in June. Our kids are 10 and 8. Which dinner do you prefer? I'd love to hear your feedback! Thanks!:mickey:

SBETigg
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I think the Hoop de Doo is the way to go. I haven't done it, but it sounds fun for that age and with good food. I have done the Aloha show, but years ago and the food wasn't good, the show was decent.

sassafras
03-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Definitely the Hoop De Doo! The kids will love the show and enjoy the food as well!

deedeenmickey
03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
My family LOVED Hoop De Doo. My children were about 8 and 12 when we done this. I have never done Aloha so I can't comment. Hoop De Doo was lots of fun.

crazygoalie39
03-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Definitely Hoop dee doo. IMHO SoA is terrible. Actually it probably isn't terrible, just not our taste.

javamama
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Hoop De Doo, I haven't seen it in 20 years but the three times I saw it I loved it:thumbsup: i'm waiting a few more years to take my kids since my youngest is 2.5, and people pay way too much to see it for her to ruin it for others w/a terrible 2 tantrum. I've been to hawaii a few times, and I didn't like laua's there so I'll skip Disney's verision:D

goofy78
03-09-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't know about Hoop Dee Do but I have been to Spirit of Aloha. It is decent and I would recommend at least trying it. I can't rate SoA over Hoop Dee Do as I have not been to that show, however, HDD does get a lot of great reviews here.

DizneyRox
03-09-2009, 07:21 AM
HDD without giving it a second thought. While I despise the luau others like it, BUT it always gets mixed reviews. You'll be lucky to find one or two responses trashing the HDD. Much safer bet, plus it IS a better show.

T-Belle
03-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I've done both and I would suggest Hoop-De-Doo. While Spirit of Aloha was ok, Hoop was a lot of fun! A little corney but a lot of fun!!!

pox24
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Not even close... Hoop De Doo :thumbsup:

biodtl
03-09-2009, 08:52 AM
SoA is OK, but HDD is fantastic! It's far more entertaining, hilarious, and has a lot more audience involvement.

AwPhooey
03-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I've been to both (HDDMR three times, SoA once) and while I enjoyed both, I'd definitely recommend HDDMR.

At HDDMR, the show and food are both great. It's wonderful for people of all ages and the audience participation is a blast!

That said, if you've been to HDDMR before, SoA is worth doing at least once. The show is fun and the food is decent, but I think seeing the original show would have been more enjoyable.

CU Tiger
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
We have been to both and enjoy the HDDR a lot more. :thumbsup: My DDs were only enjoying the Spirit of Aloha for the first little while and then they got board. They love the entire show at the HDDR!:mickey:

Love of Disney
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
We went to the HDDR last year and we thought it was okay. After reading all the hype I was expecting something amazing, be we all found it just okay. The food was also okay, but that could be because we don't really care for that style of food. Of course, you'd have to go and check it out as it may be wonderful to you!!

We are trying the SoA this May and we are hoping it will be good. We figure we need to try it at least once!

Happy choosing!
:cool:

TinkerbellT421
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Hands down, Hoop De Doo. With out a doubt in my mind. I would even give SOA a second thought. I got to experience both this past january and I have to say Hoop De Doo I would do a thousand more times, spirit of aloha I could skip until they change it.

tinkerbelle75
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
As usual when this question is asked, I seem to be the only one here who LOVES the luau. The food, service and show were great both times we went. I guess it all depends on your tastes. Being from the South, I get the best fried chicken there is- right in my Grandmother's kitchen! There are no Polynesian- style restaurants anywhere to be found around here, so that's a big plus. Also, I am a rock chick who absolutely can't stand country or bluegrass music, so HDD would absolutely rake my nerves.I think everyone should try the luau once!

scootch713
03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
My girls, 6 and 9 LOVED Hoopdedoo... they talked more about that than anything from our last trip.

Disneypixie513
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hoop-De-Doo for sure..I've been to both and like SoA, but HDDMR is by far my favorite resturant.

LibertyTreeGal
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Done Hoop Dee Doo twice and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Wear depends, you will laugh hard enough to need them !! :mickey: