PDA

View Full Version : How are the parks the last 2 weeks of April?

jdpip
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
We are thinking about going then and just wondering how the crowds are; e.g., typically any cheerleaders during that time (not that there is anything wrong with that!).

SBETigg
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't think it's a big time for the cheerleading competitions, but it is a school break, spring break for much of the Northeast in the third week of April. The fourth week will probably be the quieter week of the two.

doodleboy
03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
If you can push it to first or second week of May you will really like to smaller crowds. We have been going 2nd week of May for 15 years and have never had issues. The weather is a little warmer, but if you like pool time it is great 80-85 degree days, but the humidity has not kicked in yet.Unlike September that can be in the same temperature range, but humid.

Not sure about this year though. The last couple of reports have shown higher crowds than I would expect, but it seemed it was the President's day week that most people were reporting. We usually see quite a few Europeans that time of year, but with the dollar being much stronger than last year and the recession being global, that may change too.

jdpip
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
ya'll have helped a great deal; thank you!

crazygoalie39
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
We always go the third week of April and always love it. The weather is perfect. Not too hot but hot enough compared to northern NY. The crowds can get pretty heavy from 12-4. The morning is never crowded at all and nights are decent as well. The only really crowded time was Main St. during Wishes. There are obviously less crowded times of the year, but I would definitely recommend going during this time though. Just be prepared to not do much during the afternoon though. We usually go to the hotel, hang by the pool and then get ready and go to a nice dinner and then head back into the parks for some evening festivities. My one tip would to get there at rope drop. You might not want to get up as early, but it's well worth it. The longest we ever have waited is 15 minutes and the usual wait is basically a walk-on to 5 minutes. I just wish we could go at this time this year, but now that I'm in college and my mom's a teacher we have different breaks so the only time we can go is the busiest week of the year. :(

javamama
03-08-2009, 10:07 PM
The later part of the last week should be the better part of your stay, we've been there before and it was fine moderate crowds and great weather. The third week is like a pp said spring break for some NE states, and pretty crowded, and another southern state also has spring break then also.

Through the looking Glass
03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Never seen cheerleader but have run into problems with class trips. Some are really well behaved and some OMG:thedolls: where were they hatched from.

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
We were there last year duing the last week of April. The weather was Great and the crowds weren't too bad at all. We pushed the trip back this year to the first week of May to see if the crowds are even lighter.

PrettyMinnie
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
We have gone twice the last week of April and have had no problems. The EMH were a great help and the weather was Fantastic. There were several groups there (school trips ect.) but they weren't obnoxious. Hope this helps. Good luck!