PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List

MILWDIANA
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
We are on a waiting list for Hilton Head at the end of July. When do you expect we may start hearing something????
It is driving me crazy not knowing if we are going or not. :crazy:

lockedoutlogic
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
realistically...there's no way to tell

Horizon93
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I believe that the DVC computer system checks for a match for the waitlist. If a match is found, it will appear as a change to your reservation. The waitlist will stay in effect up to 30 days prior to your arrival date.

All you can do is keep your fingers crossed! Good luck.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:24 PM
that is the problem of the wait list you never know. i would wait and check often be sure if at 30 days .:mickey::mickey:still no answer call they will take you off the list unless you call.

MinnieMommie
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I have had good luck calling in rather than waiting to hear. In my experience calling to check on my wait list status has been helpful and in general can not hurt.

You can be placed on the waitlist for 30 days or up to 7 days prior to the first day of your reservation. DVC can't waitlist anyone for less than 7 days prior to the first day of their reservation. If the resort you are waitlisted for is more or less points than where you are currently booked it can affect whether your points may need to be banked or if you might need to borrow. That might be something to consider when deciding to waitlist for 30 or 7 days prior.

How it has been explained to me by DVC is that some CMs will ask you if you want to waitlist until 7 days but some will just put you on the 30 day waitlist. If you are waitlisted for 30 days you will need to call back on day 32 and request to be waitlisted for 7 days prior to your arrival. If you are waitlisted for 7 days prior you will have to keep calling back after the 7th day in order to learn if your waitlist came through (since they can't keep you on the list for less than 7 days prior to the first day of your reservation). :mickey: