PDA

View Full Version : the bad

jrkcr
03-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I had made reservations at the Blue Bayou for his special birthday meal. I had told them on the phone it was DH 40th birthday, and I mentioned it at check-in.(plus we were all wearing "I'm celebrating" buttons) I requested a water front table, and said we would be willing to wait for it. But we were seated about 10 minutes before our scheduled time, and we had the furtherest back you can get from the water-right at the door to the kitchen. We had a good meal, as usual. Then the waitress brought out the kids desserts they had ordered, and also was carrying a birthday cupcake with candles. She sat the desserts down on our table, but had trouble lighting the candle, and used the candle in the center of a near-by table to light the cupcake. Then she turned away and presented to to a woman at the next table over!! :eek2: We were all shocked. I was going to say something to the waitress, but she didn't come back until after we had all finished our desserts, and DH said to not mention it. We just paid and left. I was disappointed, and I'm sure DH would not admit it, but he was too.

We used the shuttle to get back and forth to the park, and we'll never do that again-what a hassle!! We waited many morning outside our hotel at the bus stop,where the bus comes every 20 minutes, and a bus never came-so we walked to the corner of Harbour and had no problems there.
We actually left the park right after our meal at the Blue Bayou, at the same time Fantasmic was over-we took the train around to the Main street station, and exited the park(no shopping, no meandering about), and we missed the last bus to our hotel!! I asked the woman in charge of buses how to get back to our hotel, and she said "that was the last bus for your route tonight" and walked off!!! I had to go bus to bus asking the drivers how to get to the corner of Harbor and Katella. Walking was not an option-DD17 is having issues since her heart ablation surgery. By 6pm everyday, she was wore out-barely walking! We were lucky and found a bus to drop us off, and it was alot shorter bus ride using this bus...so we never went back to our regular bus route.

I have to say I don't care for the "new" It's a small world. DD9 liked it. I am more of a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of person. But I understand, things change...

badkitty
03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience at the Bue Bayou. I hope other aspects of the trip made up for the poor treatment.

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! Sorry about the bad service.

denygold
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
We have enjoyed 99.9 % of our dining experiences at Disney. However, Blue Bayou was one of the very few bad experiences we have ever had in a WDW or DLR restaurant. Terrible service, limited choices.:mad:

Aisling
03-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry you had bad experiences! Stories like this always make me so sad because I always want people to have a great time at Disneyland! But the truth is, there is always the odd CM who is having a bad day, or whatever. I really hope the rest of your trip went well and you had a nice trip to Disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth and everyone should have the best time there!