PDA

View Full Version : Getting to your room on check in?

Dulcee
03-08-2009, 09:58 AM
This may be a silly question but... I've always driven to WDW this year we're flying. We're staying at POR. Once we check in will there be a golf cart or something to bring us and our luggage to our room? Or do we have to walk there with everything? I only ask due to the size of POR and knowing my DBF may grumble a bit if we have a very looong walk with all the luggage.

jodijo
03-08-2009, 10:45 AM
We were given a map and walked to our room. However, I believe that you can request a ride if needed. Also, we handed off our luggage to the bellman when we got there and it was delivered to our room. Hope that helps!

TheRustyScupper
03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
1) Plan to walk.
2) Rides are available, but few.
3) Fortunately, they do have Bellmen for the luggage.

JPL
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
If you are using DME your luggage will be delivered to your room if you use the tags provided so this will take care the bulk of your luggage :thumbsup: Depending on my arrival time I often leave my carry-ons with Bell Services and request that they be delivered with my luggage from DME.

Dulcee
03-08-2009, 01:53 PM
:thumbsup:Ah, that works. As long as the luggage is being delivered the walk won't matter. Thanks

mom2morgan
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
:thumbsup:Ah, that works. As long as the luggage is being delivered the walk won't matter. Thanks
I WISH I'd thought of that! We arrived at midnight, AND I had developed a very sudden and vicious case of stomache flu on the trip down. So there I am, dragging and lugging all my own bags. What was a I thinking?? On the trip OUT we had to leave at 3:00 am and called bell services, and they got our bags AND gave us ride.

LoriSan
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
my DBF may grumble a bit if we have a very looong walk with all the luggage.

tell DBF that it's practice for the long days at the parks