PDA

View Full Version : calling 911

grumpydude
03-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Our DS fell and cut his head at CBR and we had to call 911. We called the front desk and they called 911 for us. EMS was there in less than 5 minutes.:thumbsup:The EMS told us that If we had called 911 on our Cell phone it would have taken way longer because the call would have been dispatched to Orange County instead of Reedy Creek.

Mfarquar
03-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Glad everything worked out and I hope your son is feeling better!

Thanks also for the tip - it's good to know if an emergency pops up while in WDW!

vizsla
03-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Glad to hear that the response time was quick. Hope your son is feeling better.

disneydeb
03-08-2009, 09:46 AM
About 16 years ago our daughter fell and hit her head at CBR, we called 911 directly from the room. Paramedics arrived within 5 minutes, but the front desk called immediately called asking if someone had called 911 with an emergency.
I had to explain the situation to them and they sent someone up to question us and someone else to take notes.
I felt they thought we would try to bring a lawsuit, so I told them it was not the resort's fault that she fell..

I'm glad all turned out well for you. It did for us too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I pray we never need it, but it is really nice to know how quick the response time is, in case something happens.

I'm glad everyone is OK too!

Young@Heart
03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm so sorry for your son's injury. It's good to know the response time is quick if needed.

Figaro
03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Reedy Creek is awesome on their response times. I'm a lifeguard and work with Reedy often. Their EMS is always on scene within 5 minutes. On top of that, many times, lifeguards also are first responders on the calls depending on severity of the call.

TheMartellFamily
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
One year we had a friend's son hit his head and was bleeding and the first on the scene was a lifguard since we were right near the pool area. She helped until a few minutes later when the first responders were there.