PDA

View Full Version : EMH & Room Cards

WeLuvBuzz
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
When we enter the park for am emh, and our park passes are not on our room key , what do we do when we get to the turnstiles? Do we just show them our room keys, or do we scan it?

BMan62
03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
You still have to scan you park passes to get into the park - EMH or not. So, if you do not have hoppers, that better be the same park you were at earlier in the day.

The KTTW card is to show that you are staying on property and will be needed for each ride/attraction during the EMH hours.

WeLuvBuzz
03-07-2009, 06:14 PM
We have hoppers, but they will not be on our room cards. Do we just scan our passes, or do we have to scan passes and room keys? or do they just look at the room keys at the turnstiles? Also, do you really have to show your passes at the entrance to each ride for AM magic hours? I thought it was just evening. I just don't want the kids to loose their keys in the morning.

dumbo ears
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
when you enter the park you wont have to scan both just the passes and will have to show your room key card if im not mistakin. I wouldn't think you would have to show your room key for the a.m. EMH because the only people in the park have been guests stayin on resort property

deedeenmickey
03-07-2009, 08:49 PM
When you enter you use your passes and show the CM your room key. You do not have to show it at each ride for AM EMH because you cannot get in unless you are eligible for EMH.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2009, 09:21 PM
And when we were there for the PM EMHs they didn't always check the room key but have it with you just in case.
So to get in the park in the AM-show the room key and scan the pass. For PM-evening-show the room key assuming you are already in the park.

spectrum2100
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Does everyone in your party have to have a room key, or just a couple of the people, and we say the rest is with them?

Imagineer1981
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
You only need 1 room key for your party if your tickets are not your room key. If you want to make life easier for yourself, the CMs at your resort can transfer your paper tickets onto your KTTW card, and then your roomkey is your park ticket

Love of Disney
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
When we were there in July, we showed our room key to CMs standing at the front gate and they gave us a wrist band to wear for the rest of the evening.
:cool:

Diz-Knee
03-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Y If you want to make life easier for yourself, the CMs at your resort can transfer your paper tickets onto your KTTW card, and then your roomkey is your park ticket

Can they do this with annual passes too? I doubt it, but it would be cool if they could!

betteratmk
03-11-2009, 09:55 AM
:mickey: We were just there and they asked at almost every ride during evening emh. We finally bought a lanyard and a seperate hook on plastic envelope to display the cards. We just needed to show one card not the whole party. It made it easier to wear around your neck and there was enough room for all our KTW cards.

Imagineer1981
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Can they do this with annual passes too? I doubt it, but it would be cool if they could!

no idea...I wouldn't think so, but never hurts to ask!

BMan62
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM

I very seriously doubt it. They would then have the hassle of taking them OFF your KTTW card when you leave.

Yes, your next statement would be "but I only want the number of days of my stay put on the KTTW card."

Something like that could lead to 'cheating the system' by transferring days from an AP to a KTTW card, having someone other than the AP holder use the KTTW card for park entry and the AP holder using the original AP for park entry.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-11-2009, 05:48 PM

While I am not an AP holder, there have been posts made on Intercot that claim you can transfer your AP to your room card, and that you will simply keep that room card for the duration of your AP, since the AP will exist on that room card even after the "room key" part of the card has expired.

VWL Mom
03-11-2009, 07:40 PM
When I asked to have this done in November I was told it couldn't be done because the magnetic strip is on the card is too easily erased.