PDA

View Full Version : Bummer I thought it was time...

Tinkerbellaella
03-07-2009, 01:20 PM
A little annoyed...I called this morning for my ADRs for my June 6th trip. After being forced to do there automatic survey before you get the option menu I was told I have to wait until tomorrow to make my ADRs. I didn't like that I had to do that survey. Now I have to do it again tomorrow:( I know it is painless but it is just the point...

prttynpnk
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I made our ressies for 6/4-6/10 this morning and it was much faster than I'd been hearing- those new confirmation numbers are seriously long!;)

GoofyGirl18
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Now that it's "tomorrow" did you get your ADR's made? Did you get the ones you want? I have exactly one week before my ADR day! It's been on my calendar in big bold letters for awhile. I had originally thought I could call on the 13th, but a CM went out of her way to tell me my day was the 15th. I guess when they say 90 days, they really mean 90 days.

Tinkerbellaella
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I did get all my ADRs for about the times I had hoped for. I thought I had read somewhere on intercot that 90 days (3 months) is the time to call. They do mean 90 days not 3 months. I did have to do that survey again before I got to the option menu. Yesterday when I called I got through in no time, but today I was on hold for 30 minutes!

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2009, 03:47 AM
today I was on hold for 30 minutes!

Yikes! I thought my hold time of about 15 minutes was unusually long. It's good that you got what you wanted. We had to change two of our choices. We couldn't get anything at Boma dinner or Chef Mickey's breakfast. We ended up switching to Tusker House dinner and The Wave breakfast. I hope those two end up being good choices.

saunie
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I call on Friday, hope it will be as painless as your experience.

jcvalenti
03-09-2009, 11:17 AM
My sister usually handles the ADRs for our three family group of 15 ... but she seems seriously distracted this year and I'm thinking I may have to step in.

We're going June 15th to 25th, though we probably won't make rezzies on 15th (as we usually just get pizza on Boardwalk), and will make the 16th as our first dinner reservation.

Can anyone tell us when we can call for ADRs ? And if we call for reservations on the 16th, can we make them for the whole trip at that time, or do we have to call each day ?

Thanks.

mom2mickeyfan
03-09-2009, 11:17 AM
SpecJoe Magic, I bet the reason you had trouble with Chef Mickey's is because up until I think it was 12-22, they were still taking ADRs for there at 180 days out. We made our breakfast ADRs at Chef Mickey's in Dec. for June 9. Same for CRT on June 10...that was made in Dec. also. Now I am just waiting until March 12 to get breakfast at CP before the park opens on June 10 for the rest of our party.

mom2mickeyfan
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
90 days out from June 16 is March 18.

I think it depends on if you are staying on property if you can make ADRs for more than one day on March 18.

I have a link from another website that gives you the date you can make ADRs if you put in the date you want but not sure it can be posted here.

Tinkerbellaella
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
They make the ADRs for exactly 90 days from your arrival date. Count back 90 days to figure out the date. Yes, you can make all your ADRs at one time. No need to call back.

mom2mickeyfan
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
They make the ADRs for exactly 90 days from your arrival date. Count back 90 days to figure out the date. Yes, you can make all your ADRs at one time. No need to call back.

This is only true if you are staying on site. If you are staying off site and you call for ADRs on the first day you are able, you can only make them for that day. Hope that makes sense.

Tinkerbellaella
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
This is only true if you are staying on site. If you are staying off site and you call for ADRs on the first day you are able, you can only make them for that day. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for clarifying. I did not know that, but I guess how would they know when 90 days was if you didn't have room reservations with Disney:blush: This never crossed my mind because we wouldn't consider staying off-site...

Nanners
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
:( I thought that I had calculated correctly so that I could make my Ressies today. Lo and behold, I was a day early. Thank goodness I was only on hold for 20 mins. I am thankful that I have the day off tomorrow as well so that I can get it done then. :blush:

Here is what I am hoping for:

We arrive June 8th but are going to wing it at
DownTown for the late evening.

June 9th - Crystal Palace for late breakfast
June 10th - Spirit of Aloha for a birthday celebration :party:
June 11th - Coral Reef for an early Lunch and then Rose and Crown for dinner
June 12th - Teppan Edo for another birthday celebration :party2:
June 13th - Cape May for dinner
June 14th - Ohana's for dinner

jcvalenti
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Thanks. It does. We are staying off-site, so we'll have to adjust accordingly.

I understand Disney's policy for changing their ADR system, but if we aren't able to get the resis we want this trip, this will be our last Disney vacation for a long time. I refuse to do the DDP, and am sick of the declining quality of the restaurants, let alone the fact they treat off-site guests like second class citizens.

We stay off site because it makes financial sense for us. We travel in a group of 15, and when we decide to go, we usually get annual passes and go for 2 weeks the 1st year, and 10 days the following ... before they expire. With 8 kids under 10, and many babies who kind of need their own rooms, we can rent a luxury 7 bedroom home 5 minutes away with a private pool where everyone can sleep on their own schedule for essentially $65 per family per night. If we stayed on property, I would need at least 2 rooms for my family. Over 2 weeks, that adds up. If Disney's telling me they don't want large groups with ours that is willing to spend hundreds out of pockets (we're big drinkers) on dinner, I'm happy to take my family elsewhere on vacation for the next 5 years, until the little one grows up a little more.