PDA

View Full Version : DHS Extra Magic Hours

TinkerbellsMom
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi All,

We're going in early May this year. We've never done the evening extra magic hours at DHS. Wondering if they are worth it - is the park crowded? Do you think we'd have a better chance going on Toy Story Mania during the EMH or during the std park hours?

5togetherWDW
03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
We did the nightime EMH there, last week. We had a moderate wait for midway mania -- 35 or 40 minutes, if I recall -- about an hour or so shorter than it was during the day. On the other hand, there was NOTHING to eat at that end of the park. Started at that exit of American Idol, walked to Muppets, down around to Midway mania -- no food, at all. We asked at a couple gift shops where we could buy anything -- ice cream, popcorn, etc. The girl at the stand across from Midway Mania said people had been asking all night and she "wasn't sure" but to try down by RockNRollercoaster. We finally found one ice cream stand still open by Playhouse Disney, but that was it -- until the openmarket food court she mentioned. Enjoy the rides, but be sure to feed children before the food disappears.

dumbo ears
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Ive never done them in may but I did them last Dec. 24th and we were able to ride aerosmith and tot a couple of times but toy story still had over and hour wait

tlhewitt52
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
If I were you I would ride this first thing to make sure you ride it at least once, and then try it again at EMH if you like it!!! Fast passes for this ride usually go fast too!!

CaptSmee
03-08-2009, 03:03 AM
EMH's in the p.m. at DHS are waaaaay too crowded for me...to avoid the crowds at DHS go on a non-Fantasmic night now.